Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone really work from home? Or is it all scams?

I'd really like to work from home, I make and sell my own jewelry but it doesnt bring in enough cash to quit my job.

I see a lot of ads for work at home jobs but they all turn out to be scams.

Anyone know of anything legit that can bring in some extra $$ ?

Shauna

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
jcmom10
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM

i do work at home - no scam - real job real company. i do medical billing. You have to be careful when looking because most of them out there are scams!

MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM
My dh does, and they pay some of electric and our phone and cell phones bill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Someone on here was trying to get me to look into her work at home job. I didn't want to, but I can give you her screen name if you want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

*glares @ both w/ jealousy!*

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Same here.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

I work from home but don't have one of those "work from home" jobs you see advertised. I have a regular, white collar job for a high tech company, and my manager allows me to work from home 75% of the time.  I only go in to the office when I have meetings.  

jcmom10
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I sold Mary Kay years ago but seriously with the economy being the way it is, i don't know many people willing to spend that kind of money anymore. Their products are great but kinda pricey then you need to cut back. I just happen to work for a company that sent all of there employees in the department home last year. There was no need for us to be in the department when we can pull all our work online. It's nice being home but i do miss being around other people sometimes.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

My husband works from home for Oracle. But he does Technical Support for Servers and Storage equipment.

He has a degree, and he works really hard. He was offered his job after Oracle bought out Sun Microsystems (where he was working before).

Mom2Jake08
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM

DH and I are both college professors, and we have side gigs that are legit and are done from home. I teach online classes for my regular job and work for a company that reviews and certifies online classes for colleges all over the country, and DH edits Chinese and Japanese scientific research papers so they can be published in English.

PearlsandWhirls
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Some great ideas! I'll look into them! Thanks everyone! 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I've been looking also. But it seems like they are all scams :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Try Kellyservices.com they have a lot of jobs where u can work from home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN