Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone really work from home? Or is it all scams?

I'd really like to work from home, I make and sell my own jewelry but it doesnt bring in enough cash to quit my job.

I see a lot of ads for work at home jobs but they all turn out to be scams.

Anyone know of anything legit that can bring in some extra $$ ?

Shauna

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (31-37):
2_kiddos
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I used to me a Phone sex operator and/or cam girl :) it is legit

Gorilla_Mama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I work for VirtuaBee, used to be KeyforCash. Doing typing work. It definitely wouldn't be enough to replace a regular job but it's a little extra money.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I know someone that works from home for Anthem.He has a college degree.

justcyarra
by Brandi on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I work from home for directv
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiliMama18
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I worked from home when I was a sahm as a freelance writer for local newspapers and magazines - sometimes as an editor. But it certainly wasn't a full time salary- just a supplement.
I also work from home often at my current job, I work in the digital marketing industry - literally there is no aspect of my job that can't be done anywhere with an internet connection.
I dont mean to sound condescending but there are very few opportunities to work at home that are legit. Like anything else in life, you need to have some sort of skill or specialization to offer. Also I dont know how old your children are but even when i work at home, my daughter goes to daycare. I find it impossible to truly be working and parenting at the same time.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I worked from home... I did insurance, a variety of positions... I know lots of people do typing from home.... my home office started out when I worked hr, from home... but it encompassed lots of travel.

Aurora-Dove
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I do, I work for an answering service. We take calls after hours for doctors, lawyers, home health companies, hospice, and a number of other types of companies, and relay them to the proper person after hours. The company I work for is based out of Tennessee, I worked there in the office for several years then moved out of state and was given the option to keep my job and just work remotely. I am a remote supervisor. The particular company I work for requires at least 3 months of working in the office after initial training before they will allow you to go remote though because what we do it is important to not screw it up because it could mean life or death for a patient calling in sometimes if the call is not relayed properly. You may be able to search your local areas for Answering services and see if they offer the option to work from home. I have been with the company going on 5 years in January and make about $11 an hour plus bonuses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)