Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

awe what they hay.

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 19 Replies
:( so trying healthier alternatives, because I need to. And I buy wheat spaghetti noodles, eating...eating...weird after taste... Hm kind of reminds me of hay. Awe man. This is harder then I thought lol. Atleast my son likes them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, can't stand the taste of whole wheat pasta.  Nor the texture.  =/

SJF1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Yeah texture is weird too. But I have to do something with our diet. Before he picks up my bad habit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We use Gia Russa Whole Wheat Angel Hair Pasta .. whole spaghetti noodles that are wheat end up tasing gritty after you cook them... Gia Russa has a great flavor after cooking and your not left with the sand taste in your mouth.

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

lmao sorry bout my comment. i asked my boyfriend what pasta we  use since he's gotten to the eating super healthy terms again. No he is not a sales rep. lol sorry it sounds like he is trying to sale you on it! lmao

SJF1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Oh thats alright, could be a sales rep though sold me! Totally trying it next time. We are tight on money right now, so I've just been buying off brand. Another reason for the "hay" taste I'm sure haha. Thank you though!!!

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

lmao sorry bout my comment. i asked my boyfriend what pasta we  use since he's gotten to the eating super healthy terms again. No he is not a sales rep. lol sorry it sounds like he is trying to sale you on it! lmao

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowbear74
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

insted of whole wheat see if they have multi grain options or even vegetable options.(they do have pasta made with mostly veggies that are really tasty)

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

to eat healthy you gotta pay just a little but more. i didn't realize that till i went grocery shopping buying what my SO does. i was like What the hay dude...seriously it's that much. but since the kiddos are in school.....can spend the same amount and it last 2 weeks now. but it's totally worth the whole eating healthy. i use to eat box meals. becuase i couldn't afford anything. started dating and moved in with my SO and he totally showed me healthy food that taste great! so if you want any idea. i'll be more then hap[py to share. that him and i have cooked.

Quoting SJF1989:

Oh thats alright, could be a sales rep though sold me! Totally trying it next time. We are tight on money right now, so I've just been buying off brand. Another reason for the "hay" taste I'm sure haha. Thank you though!!!

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I'd say stick with it.  I kind of hated it at first, but have grown to like it.  I'm not going to lie and say it tastes just like white pasta, but it really isn't bad.  Get a good brand, season well and enjoy its nutty flavor, plus the fact that it makes you stay fuller WAY longer than white pastas.

SJF1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Actually totally forgot about veggi noodles. I love them! Thanks!!

Quoting snowbear74:

insted of whole wheat see if they have multi grain options or even vegetable options.(they do have pasta made with mostly veggies that are really tasty)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SJF1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I would love ideas. Most nights we live out of boxed foods..but I'm trying to make things healthier on nights I don't work from 4 to midnight :(

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

to eat healthy you gotta pay just a little but more. i didn't realize that till i went grocery shopping buying what my SO does. i was like What the hay dude...seriously it's that much. but since the kiddos are in school.....can spend the same amount and it last 2 weeks now. but it's totally worth the whole eating healthy. i use to eat box meals. becuase i couldn't afford anything. started dating and moved in with my SO and he totally showed me healthy food that taste great! so if you want any idea. i'll be more then hap[py to share. that him and i have cooked.

Quoting SJF1989:

Quoting forsakenjewl24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)