Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If your a singlemom how do you??? PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 35 Replies

How do you do it?? How do you live on your own?? How did you find a job to support your family??

Last night me and my BF broke up it was unexpected and i didnt see it coming. I thought things were good between us but i guess not. He said he is upset that i dont pay rent here but all i get is CS and i have been trying to find a job. He said he is upset because of the weight i have gained in our off again on again 10 year relationship even though i have had 2 kids and i work hard everyday to try to lose weight. He is upset that he has warts down there. He says they are from me because i have the HPV virus but i go to the doctor every 6 months and i have been clean sence i was 18, He says the warts appeared two months after we got back together this last time. He said that this has been going on for the last year and a half and he has been hiding it. He tells me there are issues in our relationship but doesnt tell me about them or give me a chance to try t ofix them. He is letting me and the kids stay here through the holidays but after that he said he is going to move in to a one bedroom. If i cant find a job soon i wont have any where for me and the kids to go in a month. I get about $660 a month in CS but i dont know if i can go to low income houseing or what to do. I want to move from here in to my own place and give my kids a stable environment. I could go back to my parents house but that didnt work out the last time and they are about to lose their house so i dont want to worry about where to go if i dont find a job or a place soon. Any advice or tips you can give me to help me through this hard time would be great thanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I was a single mom for 2 years before i met my husband. You just get up and go every morning. Even the days when you feel like you cant anymore, you look at your kids and say "THIS is why I get up each day". I worked a crappy job for 10 months until I got my CNA and then I worked as a CNA until I met my husband

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Quoting missamanda86:

I was a single mom for 2 years before i met my husband. You just get up and go every morning. Even the days when you feel like you cant anymore, you look at your kids and say "THIS is why I get up each day". I worked a crappy job for 10 months until I got my CNA and then I worked as a CNA until I met my husband

I have my RMA and am working very hard to find a job. It's been almost a year sence i finished shool and still havent found anything. I am desperate now and considering asking my dads boss if he will hire me as a bus person or dishwasher just to get some income.

missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Thats what I had to do. I moved 3 states away from my ex husband where my family is, and took the first job I was offered. It was a job in a dry cleaners, and the pay was crap, BUT it worked until I found something better. And it helps if you stay busy and dont sit around and dwell on what happened

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting missamanda86:

I have my RMA and am working very hard to find a job. It's been almost a year sence i finished shool and still havent found anything. I am desperate now and considering asking my dads boss if he will hire me as a bus person or dishwasher just to get some income.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting missamanda86:

Thats what I had to do. I moved 3 states away from my ex husband where my family is, and took the first job I was offered. It was a job in a dry cleaners, and the pay was crap, BUT it worked until I found something better. And it helps if you stay busy and dont sit around and dwell on what happened

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting missamanda86:

This is the 3rd time he has done this to me and my kids I'M DONE. i am just ready to get out there and pick up the peices of mine and my kids life and put it all back together and give my kids a stable environment and the life they deserve. I dont think i will ever find another guy or fall in love again or even get married again because he has broken me and damaged me. I feel empty and dead inside.

missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

In my honest opinon you should work on you, and concentrate on you and your kids before you worry about a man again. GL :)

Quoting jenking04:

This is the 3rd time he has done this to me and my kids I'M DONE. i am just ready to get out there and pick up the peices of mine and my kids life and put it all back together and give my kids a stable environment and the life they deserve. I dont think i will ever find another guy or fall in love again or even get married again because he has broken me and damaged me. I feel empty and dead inside.

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Look at McDonalds. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, I mean it. Even though it's a low-end job with shitty pay, it's something in addition to your CS, and they typically work with a lot of single parents and can probably work out a schedule that suits, until you find a job in your career field.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM
When it comes to work, you just try for everything until you get a job.

The rest will be hard at first but you will figure it out eventually.

Go down to the welfare office and get whatever you qualify for until you can get a job. Here you can get child care, housing, food stamps/WICK, etc...

GL momma
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting missamanda86:

In my honest opinon you should work on you, and concentrate on you and your kids before you worry about a man again. GL :)

Quoting jenking04:

Honestly i am just so over it. I'm not worried about finding a new man or anything like that. Right now its is about me and the kids. No one or nothing else maters.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Look at McDonalds. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, I mean it. Even though it's a low-end job with shitty pay, it's something in addition to your CS, and they typically work with a lot of single parents and can probably work out a schedule that suits, until you find a job in your career field.

Thanks. I am trying everything including like walmart target or kohls.

singlemom1208
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I was lucky that I was already beginning my career when I got pregnant. Other than that, I just do it. One day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time. Sorry you're going through this mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)