Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The effectiveness of the "pull-out" method???? **Update lol***

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

Update: Well ladies I am now almost 3 weeks late, go figure lol. But I am still getting BFN, any ideas? I called my gyn and she said to wait another week and test again since we can't be sure when I ovulated since stopping the pill. The only symptoms I seem to be having are being rediculously emotional (i cryed listening to Rascall Flatts-Sara Beth in the car, not just a little tear, I BAWLED! lol) and just in the last couple of days my breasts have been killing me, oh and tmi, more discharge than normal.  But these things could also mean AF is finally coming. ANy ideas???  Has anyone actually taken this long to test positive??

Original Post:

My husband and I have been using this method for the past 4 months since I stopped my bc, we aren't exactly trying to get pregnant but I would be pretty excited if we did. Has anyone gotten pregnant this way?? and if so how long did it take?

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ang9403
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Yup. My 3rd child came from this method...lol. Took about 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM
8 moms liked this
I find it idiotic when people think that is a form of bc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM

um has work wounderfully for us. We went three years with out getting pregnant an we got pregnant becasue we slipped up. An so far two years  as of tommorow

nacholibre

I'm pretty sure one of us is like 95% sterile lol!! We've been married for 9 years, never used condoms or anything. I took birth control on and off for a few years, then stopped altogether. Been pregnant twice, once was a miscarriage, one is our lovely daughter :)

meglennox
Our 5 yr old was from the pull out. :)
No problems since.
MrsRinehart2010

Quoting EAzizM:

I find it idiotic when people think that is a form of bc.

it worked 3 years for us untll we slipped up an now so far 2 years as of tommorow.

SnowBunny226
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

good to know, thanks !

baquick
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Took 2 weeks lol
SnowBunny226
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quoting nacholibre:

I'm pretty sure one of us is like 95% sterile lol!! We've been married for 9 years, never used condoms or anything. I took birth control on and off for a few years, then stopped altogether. Been pregnant twice, once was a miscarriage, one is our lovely daughter :)

I've totally had that thought the last coupls of months that maybe I can't get pregant since so many people said the pull out method doesn't work and I've still never gotten preg. If you don't mind me asking how long after you stopped the bc did any of these pregnancies happen?

SnowBunny226
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quoting baquick:

Took 2 weeks lol

WOW!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)