Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

that was really scary, my heart almost stopped. Piog

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 9 Replies
Me and my kids were at my friends house across the street. When we got done talking I came home and let my kids stay to play with her kids. I figured I would unload and load my dishwasher and get dinner started then go get the kids. Right when I get done loading the dishwasher I get a call. She tells me she caught my older two kids checking my youngest blood sugar. My kids are 7, 5, and 4. My ds4 has a fanny pack that holds his meter and insulin pump. I rush over there to find out my kids gave him twice as much insulin then he was suppose to get. I also learned that they know how to unlock the pump. I had his nurse on the phone so fast, she had to calm me down. Right now I am doing what she told me to do and so far everything is fine. I am monitoring his blood sugar and he is eating. this is the first time this has ever happened and I am going to make sure my kids (all three of them) know that only an adult is allowed to do that and how dangerous this is. I am still shaking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM
How scary! Glad he is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM

0_0 Oh no, poor baby, thank God she caught them!!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Holy crap. It made my heart jump. My friends brother died 2 weeks ago from over doing his insulin. So lucky your neighbor caught it quick.
Hopeing your son doesn't get sick from this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I have checked his blood sugar four times since it happened and he ate dinner. So far the lowest he has gone is 114.

Quoting crwspringer:

Holy crap. It made my heart jump. My friends brother died 2 weeks ago from over doing his insulin. So lucky your neighbor caught it quick.

Stormycrystal
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Is he ok
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Glad to hear.
Have you seen the new research that they narrowing in the technology that a tattoo can tell you what the blood sugar level is?

Quoting goodnightmama:

I have checked his blood sugar four times since it happened and he ate dinner. So far the lowest he has gone is 114.

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM
No I have not. That is interesting.

Quoting crwspringer:

Glad to hear.

Have you seen the new research that they narrowing in the technology that a tattoo can tell you what the blood sugar level is?

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting crwspringer:

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM
So far so good. He hasnt gone low. I swear I am freaking out and checking his blood sugar every 15-30 mins. I definitly wont be getting much sleep tonight I know that.

Quoting Stormycrystal:

Is he ok
Stormycrystal
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Good luck. hope he stays good

Quoting goodnightmama:

So far so good. He hasnt gone low. I swear I am freaking out and checking his blood sugar every 15-30 mins. I definitly wont be getting much sleep tonight I know that.

Quoting Stormycrystal:

Is he ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)