Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

daycare teacher injured my son UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

My 3 year old come home with band aids on his stomach. When I finaly convinced him to let me take them off he had two big red whelps under the band aids. When I asked him what happened he said "Ms. ** did it. She just did like this... as he motioned" When I asked him why and what happened he said that he was being bad. It looks as if maybe she grabbed him by the waist and dug her thumb nails into his stomach and drug them. There are two raised red marks on the sides of his stomach and they are swollen up about 1/2 in long. I was not notified and was not given a report. I am going to the director about it tomorrow. But.... What would you do? What would you say???

Okay, first I want to thank every one for their advice. Sorry I couldn't update sooner. Yesterday I went and spoke with the director. I told her my concerns and showed her the pictures and made sure she knew I was concerned and upset. Well turns out she was the one who put the band aids on him.... because the teacher told her that the red areas were ringworm. I told her she needed to go look at them again. They are on the same spot on both sides of his stomach, that would be highly unlikely. I then repeated the part about what my son had told me and his story behind it (how and why). Anyhow, I had her call and make a formal report. I was told I had to go see a doctor and have ring worm ruled out... We went to one of those little clinics and when I explained they turned me away and told me I would have to go to the ER. They do not and will not see suspected abuse cases. He did however, say that the red spots look like pinch marks because of the size and the broken capillaries. The ER doctor confirmed saying they are abrasions NOT ring worm. (They look NOTHING like a ring worm) .

Today DHS came and saw my son. I have yet to hear from them as it is Friday, I am hoping to hear something on Monday.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (191-200):
charnrich26
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:20 AM

you bet your ass i would be going to the highest possible person of the school, getting her ass fired and sewing her.. your poor child. i would be just crying my eyes out!

Lauriemom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Well I understand you are upset, I would be too! But, be sure you have the entire story before going off the handle. Maybe by being "bad" he was up high, about to fall, and she had to grab him? Find out first. Have you had other issues with this school/teacher? 

It is a little suspicious that they never mentioned a word to you about it. I accidently scratched a child once, I was trying to take his arm to stop him from throwing a toy at a child and scratched him, UGH, felt awful, but I told the mom as soon as she got back to the room.

GL
Laurie

Lauriemom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I agree, but they may have a different take on what happend.  He maybe was a bout to get hurt, (being "bad") and that's why he was grabbed.  Although as I said, why was mom not told?? Suspicious for sure.

Quoting Treymama:

A 3 year old is very unlikely to make something like this up. Ecspecially if he showed what she did. Children at this age just don't think stuff up like that in their head and lie about it.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would tell the director what DS said and see how they respond. Although I'm not saying he's lying, there are often 3 sides to every story.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Could his bad behavior have caused him to be in harm's way and maybe she had to grab him to keep him safe? I don't know, I wasn'tthere. Neither was OP. That's why she needs to find out what happened first. 3 years might not be able to make that up but they don't know everything or how to read situations either.

Quoting devastatedhurt:

When it comes to 3 year Olds and owies.... There is only one side if the story. The truth.if he admits he was being bad why would he lie about the punishment? They aren't old enough to lie like this.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would tell the director what DS said and see how they respond. Although I'm not saying he's lying, there are often 3 sides to every story.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadowkisses
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:43 AM
If something happened accident or not they are supposed to write an accident report. my kid would never go back there. I would go talk to the director and pull the classroom tapes. All the child care facilities I've ever used they have video cameras. Even if she scratched him with a ring or accidentally scratched him it should have been reported.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I would take pictures. I would show them to the director and then I would press assault charges on the teacher.

sam12796
by Sandy on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Quoting Treymama:

A 3 year old is very unlikely to make something like this up. Ecspecially if he showed what she did. Children at this age just don't think stuff up like that in their head and lie about it.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

They do however stretch the truth or embelish it. My 3 year old did this many times. There could have been more to the story like she never said he was bad and something else occured. They do imagine things and think it is reality. Once mine told people she was bad so mommy put her in the corner and then cut her head off. Obviously I did not do that. But I do believe in time outs. And no she has not seen something like cutting off heads. She has older sibling that goes to school and who knows where they heard that.

valkay
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Kids will make up things .  I had my grandson at the Mall he was 3.  A guy was really far from us and my gs started yelling see that man he just pinched me ouch.  He kept it up. That man was not close enough throw a baseball and hit him..

mama2gg
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:17 AM

whatttt call the cops PERIOD

Mom2enr
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM
This is why i'm not sure about putting my son in daycare, smh this story pissed me off. I would have kill her then DH would have killed her again. Sorry to hear about that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)