Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

daycare teacher injured my son UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

My 3 year old come home with band aids on his stomach. When I finaly convinced him to let me take them off he had two big red whelps under the band aids. When I asked him what happened he said "Ms. ** did it. She just did like this... as he motioned" When I asked him why and what happened he said that he was being bad. It looks as if maybe she grabbed him by the waist and dug her thumb nails into his stomach and drug them. There are two raised red marks on the sides of his stomach and they are swollen up about 1/2 in long. I was not notified and was not given a report. I am going to the director about it tomorrow. But.... What would you do? What would you say???

Okay, first I want to thank every one for their advice. Sorry I couldn't update sooner. Yesterday I went and spoke with the director. I told her my concerns and showed her the pictures and made sure she knew I was concerned and upset. Well turns out she was the one who put the band aids on him.... because the teacher told her that the red areas were ringworm. I told her she needed to go look at them again. They are on the same spot on both sides of his stomach, that would be highly unlikely. I then repeated the part about what my son had told me and his story behind it (how and why). Anyhow, I had her call and make a formal report. I was told I had to go see a doctor and have ring worm ruled out... We went to one of those little clinics and when I explained they turned me away and told me I would have to go to the ER. They do not and will not see suspected abuse cases. He did however, say that the red spots look like pinch marks because of the size and the broken capillaries. The ER doctor confirmed saying they are abrasions NOT ring worm. (They look NOTHING like a ring worm) .

Today DHS came and saw my son. I have yet to hear from them as it is Friday, I am hoping to hear something on Monday.

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (201-210):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM

yes they do my DS is 5 now when he was 3 he told my mom that I locked him in the basement it was dark thats how he got a scratch on his back , my mom talked to me IN FRONT of my ds and asked what happened because we dont HAVE a basement I explained he fell outside and that was that.. when I looked at him and asked why he lied he said "nana has better toys so i can stay with her" yes they KNOW what a lie is the KNOW how to work people over and they KNOW what they are doing

Quoting Treymama:

A 3 year old is very unlikely to make something like this up. Ecspecially if he showed what she did. Children at this age just don't think stuff up like that in their head and lie about it.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would tell the director what DS said and see how they respond. Although I'm not saying he's lying, there are often 3 sides to every story.

HerWife0421
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I work in a daycare and if that happens the director would want you to come directly to them and bring your child, take pictures of the band aids on and off. in childcare that is very serious and that person needs a police report filed on them so they can never work in childcare again!!!

apoynter
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Take pictures and ask the teacher what happened.  It could be that your little one was having a total melt down, and she was trying to maintain order/safety for him as he jerked and squirmed about. Give her a chance to respond.  With a number of kids to keep track of ...it could be that mentioning the 'incident' to you just slipped her mind.

If you're not satified with the response from the teacher, definitely go to the director.

Proudmama2912
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I would take pictures of the marks. Go up to the daycare center and show them. I would confront the lady that did it and go the police and press charges. They should NEVER put their hands on a child. I'd be livid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charmed_423
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I would take a picture and then speak to the director and the teacher and get the full story on what happened. Then ask why I wasn't notified. If they don't have good enough cause then I would take it a step further. 

kaiser10123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM
The protective mom in me would whoop her ass first then asks questions later! But the right thing to do would to be like everyone else said and that's take a picture of the marks then go straight to her surperior, if you go right over her head then she won't be able to talk her way out of it. Let them handle it and send your child somewhere else.
EGNS
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM

i know a girl who's son kept getting bit at daycare by another kid and was notified about it the first time when she saw the bite mark on his arm and the other times the teacher just put temporary tattoos over the bite marks and acted like it dident happen by the time the tattoos washed off the bite mark was gone

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

go to the police ASAP!

momofnate0707
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

update?

Jennyp05
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Take pictures. Write down date/time and what DS said. Then get teachers side (write down as well). And take it all to the director
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)