Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your dog is not a baby!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM
  • 38 Replies

Okay on facebook I friended a girl I used to know in high school. And at first her post was normal and everything but then everything changed. I guess she got tired that everyone she knew including myself and dh have a child to talk about and she didnt so she went out and got a dog. Which is great and everything. But now she post like ten post a day talking about her dog. I don't even do that! I am lucky if I log on once a day and I rarly post anything. But that is not the thing that bothers me. Its the way that she refers to her dog as her baby and herself as mommy. The way she talks you wouldnt know that she is actually talking about her dog and not a real baby. It is irritating. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs It is a DOG not a BABY!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol.. Examples prease!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Lol. Like those ppl who carry those micro mini dogs around like babies. I actually heard a chick try and argue with the mgr at Safeway that "just because it's not human doesn't mean it's not my baby" to try and justify walking around the store with it. It's friggin unhygienic...and illegal:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandhailey
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

LOL some people are crazy with there pets 

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM
3 moms liked this
I hate when doggy mommies act like they understand parenthood because they have a dog. Like someone comments "I was up all night with baby" someone else comments "oh I know pup woke me at 3 am to go out" letting your dog out at 3 am does not compare to waking up, wiping a mother humans ass, feeding them and rocking them back to sleep. Please spare me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
20Keller12
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

One episode of My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet this one lady had two chihuahuas. They drank water from baby bottles. She fed them food off a plate with a spoon. They wore dresses. They wore diapers. ALWAYS. And going for a walk meant putting them in a stroller and zipping it shut so they 'wouldn't get germs'. I wanted to reach through the tv and slam her head against the wall.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Why does it bother you? She loves her dog, big deal. Honestly, my dog is somewhat like a toddler and my son argues with him like a sibling. I hear myself when I'm scolding them and you'd never know he's a dog unless you were looking at him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a mom to a human and mom to a schnauzer. I couldn't careless than I do now if anyone likes it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Why does it bother you? She loves her dog, big deal. Honestly, my dog is somewhat like a toddler and my son argues with him like a sibling. I hear myself when I'm scolding them and you'd never know he's a dog unless you were looking at him.

I got Ms Sophie when Erin was a toddler.  I have caught myself MANY MANY times saying the exact same thing to them.  I catch myself when Erin is touching something or doing something she should know better saying AH AH to her just like the dog.  LMAO

OP I don't get why it bugs you I have many many friends who work in rescue and don't have human children.  They will "like" or comment on posts with my rescued animals and pass by posts of Erin.  I could care less.  Really way more important things to judge people on.  To me it shows they have alot of love and compassion for creatures that can't speak or care for themselves...that speaks volumes about their character.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Justine1123:

I'm a mom to a human and mom to a schnauzer. I couldn't careless than I do now if anyone likes it.

Here is Erin joining in with SOME of her siblings for morning meds/treats LOL

Oceana09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I called myself mommy to my dog. And almost every pet owner I know refers to themselves as "mommy" or "daddy" to their animals. Or at least their dogs and maybe their cats.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)