Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Okay on facebook I friended a girl I used to know in high school. And at first her post was normal and everything but then everything changed. I guess she got tired that everyone she knew including myself and dh have a child to talk about and she didnt so she went out and got a dog. Which is great and everything. But now she post like ten post a day talking about her dog. I don't even do that! I am lucky if I log on once a day and I rarly post anything. But that is not the thing that bothers me. Its the way that she refers to her dog as her baby and herself as mommy. The way she talks you wouldnt know that she is actually talking about her dog and not a real baby. It is irritating. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs It is a DOG not a BABY!!!!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this

I am not a fan of people referring to their pets as their children.  Sometimes people refer to me as one of my pets' "mom" - my reply is always, "no, I did not give birth to him/her".

i love our pets....but they are pets, not children.

_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I have seen a Lady walking around here with a stroller and at first I thought there was a baby in it,but nope there were 2 dogs in the stroller.

emptynesst
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I love dogs. My dogs were my babies. I lost my Dane to cancer, and it broke my heart. I can't wait to get another one;(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

It's not illegal. It depends on the store. And she's right. Just because it isn't human, doesn't mean it's not her baby.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Lol. Like those ppl who carry those micro mini dogs around like babies. I actually heard a chick try and argue with the mgr at Safeway that "just because it's not human doesn't mean it's not my baby" to try and justify walking around the store with it. It's friggin unhygienic...and illegal:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Aww to cute I'm mobile I'll have to see if I can find a picture of my girls together. When it's just me and lucy my schnauzer it's always wanna come lay with momma? I don't think it's weird shes my girl I take care of her I'd say she thinks I'm here momma.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Justine1123:

I'm a mom to a human and mom to a schnauzer. I couldn't careless than I do now if anyone likes it.

Here is Erin joining in with SOME of her siblings for morning meds/treats LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Some people are just weirdos. My aunt takes her dog to a doggie spa to get massages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

EXACTLY i was sick this weekend and Ms sophie ( the white pit) was THRILLED.  She was on my lap unless she had to go outside, all 45 pounds of her.

Quoting Justine1123:

Aww to cute I'm mobile I'll have to see if I can find a picture of my girls together. When it's just me and lucy my schnauzer it's always wanna come lay with momma? I don't think it's weird shes my girl I take care of her I'd say she thinks I'm here momma.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Quoting Justine1123:

I'm a mom to a human and mom to a schnauzer. I couldn't careless than I do now if anyone likes it.

Here is Erin joining in with SOME of her siblings for morning meds/treats LOL

mommy_jessika
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My pug is my other baby !
I love that little pugs just like a child ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a mommy and a doggy mommy. We got the dog as a present for DD's 3rd birthday but since then he has been attached at my ankles practically (ChiPom). He is a sweet and loyal dog who didn't budge the entire time I was on bedrest prior to my miscarriage and even after he stuck to me like glue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

My kiddos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN