Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much do you spend on lunch for your kids?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have 2 kids in high school and one in 5th grade.  My 5th grader the whole school gets free lunch we don't even get those forms to fill out everyone just gets free lunch.  But my 2 high schoolers i give them $5 a day.  thats $25 a week per kid  comes to a total of $200 a month in lunch money. 

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM

My youngest eats at home as she gets out at noon... my oldest takes her lunch. I'm not spending $18-$20 per week for her to get lunch when I can send one for much less. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Lindsey1112
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM
My DS is in 1st grade I pack his lunch 4 days and let him eat at school one day. But it's $1.95 for lunch and 50cents for milk. I can't afford that it's crazy how
Much they charge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Only my oldest pays for lunch and its 2.75 a day. BUT, she only is allowed to get school lunch once a week at most bc that food is crap. She usually only wants it once every two weeks. So, most of the time she packs. Her packed lunches average to about 5-7 a day I would guess, depending on what she takes.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Around $3-4 a day depending on what she gets. I put $100 at a time into her lunch account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Dd takes her lunch. It is pretty much the same every day. Chicken tenders, apple slices, raisins, pretzel sticks, apple juice, and 2 chips a hoy cookies. (she uses part of this as a snack). I'm going to say it costs about $2 per lunch/snack
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 AM

My sons take breakfast to school 6 days per week (they have breakfast-break after prayers every morning) - and they eat lunch at school 4 days per week.  Their school offers a lunch on full-days for 5.50 NIS per lunch....so for the two of them it is 44 NIS per week (about $11) plus breakfasts from home.

DD#3 takes breakfast 6 days per week and lunch 4 days per week....they don't have a cafeteria, so they must all bring all of their meals.

DD#2 takes lunch two days per week - her days start later, so she eats breakfast at home every day.  The other 4 days of the week she only goes part time....so she eats at home.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 AM

My daughter takes her lunch.Not sure what it adds up to.

alwayskk
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I really haven't figured out how much I'm paying yet. The meals are something like $1.10 each. Breakfast is cheaper. It seems like I deposit around $50-$60 a month in her account.

On the days she brings her lunch, we probably send her with $3-$4 worth of food.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM

My daughter is in kindergarten.Lunch cost $2.40 a day at school .That price is with milk included.

christina0607
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I pack their lunches at home, so I have no idea.

Don't you give them money so they can eat outside of the school everyday? It's not really that expensive for them to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)