Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What does it mean when you hear a POP sound? *warning PIC* *11/17 UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Sunday afternoon, we were outside playing kickball with the neighbors. Well, not playing, more like fooling around, lol :) 

Anyways, I kick the ball and start running, As I'm running to second base, my left foot goes into a hole and I hear a loud POP sound. I immediately fall to my knees. That night & all day Monday, the swelling was about 2x the size that my ankle would normally be. Tuesday, I was actually able to put sneakers on, but it still hurt like hell. Now, I don't have steady pain, but sometimes, out of no where, I'll get shooting pain in my ankle. I CAN stand on it, I can even out all my weight on it. I cannot rotate my foot or even turn it left or right. As long as it's straight and flat, it's not too much of a problem - except that "out of no where" shooting pain. I'm thinking it's just a sprain, but after googling, I realized that it could also be torn ligaments/tendons. Have any of you had this happen? How long does it take to heal? What can I do, at home, to speed up the process? TIA

I am trying to avoid going to the Dr. My daughters bday is a few weeks away, and we're trying to save the money for that.

This pic as taken last night @ 11:00pm-ish:

I wasn't able to go to the Dr. yesterday because I didn't have a sitter for my toddlers. The swelling and bruising has gone down ALOT, as you can tell. I'm still going to go though because right after I got out of bed this morning and started walking around, my ankle started throbbing!  It's hurt more today than it has over the past 2-3 days.  :(

SIDE PIC BELOW

11/17 UPDATE!

I was on my way to the Dr. yesterday afternoon. I was over halfway there. Then, I decided to ride by my moms house, just to see if she was home.

Backstory on my mom: She back into hard drugs again. She pretty much lives with her boyfriend (she is married though). She only comes home when she wants to. <I've wrote posts about all of this. So, I just wanted to see if she'd be there. Of course, she wasn't! But, my little brother was (he's 9). As soon as he saw my vehicle come down the road, he jumped up with a smile on his face. I know I needed to go to the Dr, but I couldn't. I couldn't just leave him there, all alone. He was so happy to see me. My mom is never home, she goes DAYS without seeing him. So, I stayed. We hung out for a few hours. He didn't want me to leave. It broke my heart. I promised him that I would be back in the next few days and I would bring him back home with me, if it's ok with my stepdad (his bio dad). He's out of school for the next week bc of Thanksgiving, which means, he's going to be sitting at that house all day, by hisself. :(

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Replies (131-140):
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Wow, you sound like an awesome person!! I think you and I would get along very well IRL.  :)

Quoting grey7399:

I do this at work.  My boss grabbed me one day and wanted to know why I kept the pantries stocked up at work.  Before I started there, they kept nothing in the cabinets.  Now there is a full set of dishes, silverware and some basics. 

I told her that our corp was to cheap to give our employees more hours and I'm blessed with a decent income, healthy kids and generous family.  I can afford to feed my family and help out those who can't feed themselves.  They can't work well if they're hungry.

There are a couple who know that if I have a meal during their shift, they'll get a meal too.  It sucks BALLS.  I hate it.  But they count on me.  Some people take advantage.  I can't help that, but this isn't about them, its about the ones who need it.

We've taken a few kids into our home for weeks/months at a time.  They just needed a break, a feeling of normalcy before they tackled their own lives again.  They know they're always welcome here for as long as they want to be here.

Do what you can. 

Quoting BamaMommy2:

Quoting grey7399:

Regarding your 11/17 update, you sound like me.  I do that sort of thing all the damn time.

I felt so bad, I couldn't just leave him there. He actually opened up to me! It's like, for those few hours, he was his old self again, before everything in his life got turned upside down by my mom.

grey7399
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Does your husband feel like he's suffering like mine says he is?  LOL, mine whines and bitches about every stray I bring home and really pitched a hissy fit when I parked my car in the street to save a baby bird, then a rabbit, lol.

My kids routinely round up a wandering dog to take him home.  He's a good dog but he can climb any fence or wall and he's powerful enough to tear up any kind of fence.  The family bought him a dog run, he dug under it, they put in a floor, he pulled the wire off the frame.  he's gorgeous and smart, and thankfully friendly.  They will round up any dog and go door to door looking for its family.  Thankfully they have found all but 2 families and then we found a nice no kill shelter to take them in.  They were adopted in less than a month.

I adore my kids.  I'm so glad they're compassionate and warm.  Tell your little brother he has friends if he ever comes to AZ as long as he stays sweet and warm!

Quoting BamaMommy2:

Wow, you sound like an awesome person!! I think you and I would get along very well IRL.  :)

Quoting grey7399:

I do this at work.  My boss grabbed me one day and wanted to know why I kept the pantries stocked up at work.  Before I started there, they kept nothing in the cabinets.  Now there is a full set of dishes, silverware and some basics. 

I told her that our corp was to cheap to give our employees more hours and I'm blessed with a decent income, healthy kids and generous family.  I can afford to feed my family and help out those who can't feed themselves.  They can't work well if they're hungry.

There are a couple who know that if I have a meal during their shift, they'll get a meal too.  It sucks BALLS.  I hate it.  But they count on me.  Some people take advantage.  I can't help that, but this isn't about them, its about the ones who need it.

We've taken a few kids into our home for weeks/months at a time.  They just needed a break, a feeling of normalcy before they tackled their own lives again.  They know they're always welcome here for as long as they want to be here.

Do what you can. 

Quoting BamaMommy2:

Quoting grey7399:

Regarding your 11/17 update, you sound like me.  I do that sort of thing all the damn time.

I felt so bad, I couldn't just leave him there. He actually opened up to me! It's like, for those few hours, he was his old self again, before everything in his life got turned upside down by my mom.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The main thing that my husband gets upset about, is having to occasionally watch the kids for a few hours at a time, while I'm gone to help people...like volunteer work, or just going to give clothes away that my kids have outgrown. Our kids dont act as good for him, as they do for me. lol :)

I am raising my kids to be like that too! Hopefuly, all my hard work will pay off. They are only 2 and 3 right now though.

Quoting grey7399:

Does your husband feel like he's suffering like mine says he is?  LOL, mine whines and bitches about every stray I bring home and really pitched a hissy fit when I parked my car in the street to save a baby bird, then a rabbit, lol.

My kids routinely round up a wandering dog to take him home.  He's a good dog but he can climb any fence or wall and he's powerful enough to tear up any kind of fence.  The family bought him a dog run, he dug under it, they put in a floor, he pulled the wire off the frame.  he's gorgeous and smart, and thankfully friendly.  They will round up any dog and go door to door looking for its family.  Thankfully they have found all but 2 families and then we found a nice no kill shelter to take them in.  They were adopted in less than a month.

I adore my kids.  I'm so glad they're compassionate and warm.  Tell your little brother he has friends if he ever comes to AZ as long as he stays sweet and warm!

grey7399
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I've caught mine secretly praising me and cursing me at the same time.  LOL  - hubby that is.  The kids didn't behave as well for him as they did for me.  Now they're 17 yrs, 13 yrs & 10 years - they're awesome.

They'll follow their mom!

Quoting BamaMommy2:

The main thing that my husband gets upset about, is having to occasionally watch the kids for a few hours at a time, while I'm gone to help people...like volunteer work, or just going to give clothes away that my kids have outgrown. Our kids dont act as good for him, as they do for me. lol :)

I am raising my kids to be like that too! Hopefuly, all my hard work will pay off. They are only 2 and 3 right now though.

Quoting grey7399:

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I hope your foot feels better and that your brother is able to come and stay with you and not be alone all day. 

MamaBoo52
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Being him home and To the doctor with you! It looks and sounds bad

HouseMa
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Your update has to be bullshit.

You're going to leave your 9 year old brother there, without supervision, without reporting your mom.

HouseMa
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Your husband complains about having to look after his own kids?

How fucking pathetic is that....

Quoting BamaMommy2:

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

He doesn't mind watching them. It's just that they act better for me than they do for him. 

Quoting HouseMa:

Your husband complains about having to look after his own kids?

How fucking pathetic is that....

Quoting BamaMommy2:

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting HouseMa:

Your update has to be bullshit.

You're going to leave your 9 year old brother there, without supervision, without reporting your mom.

It's not bullshit, I've wrote posts about this before, within the last week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)