Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

going back to court for placement?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

its been two years since my ex and i split....it has been every other weekend and fridays.

he now has another baby on the way and the past 2-3 months he has been asking to lower child support and he will take the kids more. he has also asked for 50/50 so he wouldnt have to pay child support. and also said he wants to sign over rights to our daughter, and for me to sign over rights to our son to him....so we can just go our different ways.

i know he is doing this all about his money and not wanting to pay child support.

i am at a loss, idk what he is trying to prove. our daughter is in school and we live 30 mins apart...how is it even possible for her to be split 50/50?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM

why would you even consider signing away rights to your son? he sounds like a jackass

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM
My friend and her ex have 50/50 custody. The days she has DD, she wakes up early and drives DD 30 minutes to school. It's a pain but she didn't want to pull DD from her school so she just sucks it up and does it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spizzarks1978
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Men are jerks!!  Don't do it!!  He is only saying that so he won't have to pay child support!! My dad pulled that shit when we were little and wound up moving to California with my brother when he was 12, my mother was heart broken yet had no say because she signed the paper, she had to wait till he was 17 to make him come home for good.  DONT DO IT, if he wants to sign off his rights, then tell him he'll have to do it with all the children!!

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I feel so sorry for children in a 50/50 situation being shuffled back and forth.  If he has written any of this to you in text or email keep it.  Otherwise just shrug your shoulders and tell him to take it up with the court. Many states will not lower because of a new child.  Not your childs problem.  Also buy a notebook and write EVERYTHING down.  every convo, every pick up and drop off time EVERYTHING so if it does come to court you will have it at your fingertips.  

kelliamber006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

he hasent said its because of new baby...but baby is due in about a month. he started this a few months back. i didnt budge, so now next month we are goingto court for it....right before his baby is born

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

NO FING WAY , do not sign away any of your rights and fight to make sure support continues to be paid.  It is not the childrens fault he keeps procreating with other females.

kelliamber006
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM

no, it is his choice to have another child. but his children now are getting into another custody battle because of it. we just went to court a year ago this january....and now we have to go back in december for it. this is just crazy. i cant keep doing this once a year!

there is NO way he can have the kids 50/50 when he doesnt even want to take them for an hour while i have a work meeting because he has errands to run. this is just CRAZY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN