Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Real Mom of CafeMom: "After a stillbirth, I gave birth to a healthy baby."

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 12 Replies
4 moms liked this

Ericka became a member of CafeMom when she realized she needed support and advice from moms who'd also been through miscarriages and stillbirths. She found exactly what she was looking for and now helps other moms cope with pregnancy and all the ups and downs of parenthood!

What brought you to CafeMom, and what do you love about the community here?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcecelie
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Loved the vid. Thanks for posting this!

What brought you to CafeMom, and what do you love about the community here?

I joined because I wanted lots of advise from many different Moms. I especially wanted to hear from women due around the same time as myself since this is my first child.

pregnancy calendar

mylilprincesses
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i joined cafemom for the same reason. i lost my first child and only son May 2007 and joined looking for other angel mommy friends.. and i did.. we all are still very close. now i have 3 beautiful and healthy little girls. :)

i created these group for moms who have lost a child.. and need support from other moms who understand. who else is better to rely on than a Angel Mom
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/AngelMommySupport/
Cafemom: http://www.cafemom.com/group/109635/

moms2fast73
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

The first group I joined when I joined CafeMom was for moms who lost babies.  My 2nd baby had Trisomy 18.  We found out 2 weeks before he was born and he lived for 6 hours.  I had 3 more healthy babies after that despite people critizing me for having more kids.  There was a .05% chance of me having another baby with a chromosome disorder. I was only 22 when I had Jacob and my doctors said it was just a fluke. 

I'm a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason" and feel that Jacob came into my life to teach me to live life to the fullest, don't sweat the small stuff and to help other moms who have lost babies.  My mom lost her 8 year old son after he was hit by a careless teen driver (before I was born) and it helped to have someone close who knew somewhat of what I was going through.

CityofRosesMama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Ericka, You are such a sweet lady. Your son is adorable. I joined because I moved to a new state without family here.
childofgod04
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I joined to get advice and meet friends who have babies due in the same month or close to when my son was due and born because he's my first.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Albond86
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I joined in 2009 after I had lost my angel and became pregnant with my first miracle! I was just looking for support and answers to questions during my pregnancy. I was scared and knew moms out there had to be going through something similar! 

marihla
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I love being able to ask a question anywhere from "how do you feel about abortion?" to "what should I get my husband for Christmas?" and get an answer from moms from all types of classes and cultures.

-I love being able to ask boring mommy questions like "how many times should my newborn poop in a day?" that I can't ask my friends.

-I love being able to send out those embarrassing thoughts and occurences and have 100 other people who have been there, done that.

I found cafemom because I was asking questions about my pregnancy on google and cafemom popped up and I joined.

sherry132
by Sherry on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I became a Cafemom member when my husband got orders for Fort Campbell Ky. I found myself in a new state, without a friend, and there I was in the hospital in ICU after I nearly died. Cafemom was a life saver in the months that followed that. One of my best friends and I met on Cafemom. When my husband suffered a traumatic brain injury and was demoted and we went through all the trauma that happened, it was Cafemom and the women in the military groups that helped me find resources and taught me how to fight. I've been a CM member since April 2007. 

I really enjoyed Ericka's story. :)

Charizma77
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I joined because we suspected our oldest had autism and I saw an add for Cafemom and joined and joined a group for parents with kids that are on the autism spectrum.

cece5000
by Cetia on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM

=)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN