Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When bullying victims fight back, they get in trouble. At least at our school.

I know all fighting is wrong, but my daughter *finally* fought back for once and she got a referral for "sexual misconduct" because she kicked the boy in the groin after he flung her around and tried to slam her to the ground.

She's been sexually harassed on a regular basis for months by numerous students (dyke, cunt, etc), and nobody got written up for sexual misconduct. She's been hit, scratched, punched, etc. Nobody was written up. They all just "got a talking to". But the FIRST time she fights back, she gets a referral to go on her permanent record.

What Happens When Bully Victims Fight Back

I am so exhausted from dealing with this. I can't imagine how she feels.

I am looking into other schools next week.

I wrote the full story on my blog but am too tired to type it. :(

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
sarah.xo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM
So sorry, it's unfair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM
When I did decide to fight and got fed up with the bullying I was litterally grabbed and thrown into the teachers lounge by a flash light cop(hall monitor) I got suspended for a few hours and so did she.

I had boys and girls pick on me why idk as a mom i'm afraid to send my daughter to school because of the bullying.

Me being bullied had gotten so bad I was suicidal up until I graduated hs.

I was so happy when I graduated but it affected me and built up for so long i'm going through counseling.

The torment didn't stop at school my own brother would phsyically assault me and mentally torture me at home calling me names and spitting on me threatening me ect.

One boy threatend to rape me while I was sitting on the bus on my way home from school.

Quoting Dark_Rain:

When I was in HS I had a girl walk up to me while I was on the pay phone talking to my mother and slammed my head into the pay phone! A teacher stood there and watched the whole thing. The girl walked off and I called her a stupid bitch and a coward for hitting me while my back was turned. I got suspended for the rest of the day for swearing in the hall! This girl had been bullying me for days! She didn't even get in any trouble. My dad told me I should  have ran after her and kicked her ass. If I was going to be the one to get in trouble then I should have given them a good reason to suspend me!

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I fought back and was kicked out people saw even the city bus driver saw people bullying me harassing me and nothing was done. I did have a teacher who took notice and helped see to it that something was done but that was it.

My middle school principal(later he was my hs principal) threatend to kick me out of school because my mom went to the super intendant of the school district while she was on her job and told him what was going on I never said a word to my mom after that.

It's built up so bad i'm going through counseling

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM

call the police, report the school

kzuehlk
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM
My son's school has a "no-tattling" rule, so a lot of bullying goes unseen. Last year he was harassed/beat up daily by another 2nd grader and nothing was done about it. One day the boy called my son a faggot while in class and he finally had enough. He came up over top the desks and pummeled the kid. The bully got a talking to and my son got suspended for 3 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM

In my old high school-there's a teacher there who was "abusive" towards students-several times this man laid his hands on several students-including a boy with a broken leg using crutches-shithead pushed the kid over and threw his crutches down the hall-school did nothing against the teacher and gave each student a detention for "filing false reports"

til one day he confronted my baby sister(this man's 5ft6120lbs-Baby Girl is 6ft 300lbs solid muscle)about not going into the locker room to change-and he put his hands on her and tried to shove her back-she stepped back and put her hands up in defense-yelled at him to back off and she walked away.

THIS WAS ALLL CAUGHT ON CAMERA-they suspended her for a week-my father went up to the school-demanded to see the footage-school refused-dad called his lawyer in-teacher got a year's suspension pending termination and my sister's suspension was wiped off her record.

You gotta light a fire under the right ass. My sd's currently in the hospital because of bullies-Im proud your daughter stuck up for herself-shame the school's covering for the bullies.

CeeGee81
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM

This is exactly why I am terrified to send my son to Kindergarten next year :(

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i would take it to the news

shit like that shouldnt happened and she should be able to defend herself!

Noni2319
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I'm so sorry. That's awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You need to by-pass the school and press charges on your own nowadays. You can do that you know?

stefvan
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It's called "no tolerance" which means no common sense has to be used anymore!  A boy got too rough playing football and he put my son in a head lock.  My son slung him off into a fence.  They both got detention. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN