Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you spend extra on a fake tree if?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 AM
  • 21 Replies
Your cat was allergic to real trees?

I do have the option of getting her a shot but I don't know if I want to do that to her, it never makes the problem go away, just less bad. And, this is her home, so I feel like I shouldn't bring Allergens into it.

But fake trees are like $ 100-500 and real are prettier and WAY cheaper! I'd have more to spend on the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candymonster
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:26 AM

o.O the small trees at walmart or costco are pretty and they don't cost that much around here. personally, I'd just go get a fake tree and reuse it every year. 

ff-princess
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:26 AM

sure real trees are much cheaper in and of themselves - but did you factor in the cost of the vet visit and shot?  multiply that by 3 years and you've more than paid for your fake tree which will last much longer than that.

besides, Costco has a tree this year that has bulbs that change from all clear to all multi color and back.  I'm really trying to remind myself that we already have three trees in the basement.

i.love.my.life
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:35 AM
A decent fake tree only costs about $40 here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Yep. We don't even do real trees. Fake trees are not that expensive depending on what size you get. It should definitely be less than $100.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:40 AM
My fake tree was $20 and pre lit at Michaels. Idk of these $500 fake trees you speak of!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:43 AM
We paid $30 for our tree...you can find them for under $100 easily!

We have to have a fake one because of my allergies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:58 AM
The fake tree we considered buying was $469 so I hear you!!! We are sticking with real, I just hate the fucking mess when we take it out after Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:08 AM
I would never do that to my cat. I bought a 6.5 foot prelit tree last year towards the end of November from Walgreens for 25.00 it works perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:08 AM
There are some great deals for Black Friday on trees. I love my fake tree, I paid $40 for it 5 year ago during Black Friday door buster sale!
CJsMommy622
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:11 AM
We have a fake tree because of my 3yr olds allergies, and because it requires 0 maintenance or care lol. Also, its way cheaper in the long run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)