Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wrapping paper

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 59 Replies

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would only buy wrapping paper at the dollar store.  I am certainly not spending a lot of money on something that is just going to be shredded and tossed in the trash.  It would take me all of 2 seconds to find the Hanukkah paper, grab what I need and leave.

velvetkitty
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I wait until after the holidays and hit up Kmart for clearance wrapping paper.  I have over 20 rolls of wrapping paper from last year alone that I spent about $5 on. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I buy mine at the Dollar tree. I can find the cutesy character designs and buy a couple rolls for cheap.

connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM
You're funny! Some things I put that much thought into. Not wrapping paper though. Just picture the ripping, shredding and tossing aside of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I do separate wrapping papers for ds and DD from Santa. Gifts from mommy and daddy are different too. I try to get paper to match their likes that year. This year its Disney and Thomas the train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I just saw something on Pinterest that showed using one specific paper for each member of your family. You wrap things that go in the stockings in that one paper & then the corresponding gifts under the tree so that the receiver knows which gifts belong to him or her.

Ex:

I would use snowmen for my 3yr old, Santas for my 9yo, blue for my 11yo, green for my 13yo, & red for my 16yo. I think it's pretty cute & plan on doing it this year!

ETA: I have so much wrapping paper from previous years that I am definitely using that to wrap gifts this year before having to worry about getting more!

Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I get whatever my daughter will like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM

dollar tree!!! then i get after christmas!!!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM

LOL

I buy three rolls usually. One for each kid so it's easier to just know which is which and then one for other gifts. I do put thought into it but certainly not that much.

LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
This is exactly what we do too. My parents always did it for me and my sister. I don't know what this year's will be yet though.

Quoting beaugrl0824:

I do separate wrapping papers for ds and DD from Santa. Gifts from mommy and daddy are different too. I try to get paper to match their likes that year. This year its Disney and Thomas the train.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN