Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
christina0607
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Yeah I feel like it's a huge part of it. the presentation of it is very important to me.

Quoting grey7399:

Hahahaha I'm like you.  I buy wrapping paper that matches the ornaments on the tree or contrasts well. "santa" has paper that is never seen in my house and always has pictures of him on it.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I don't spend as much time as that but I do usually take longer than most. A lot of it looks gaudy to me and I like cute stuff. I don't really care if it coordinates but then I usually stick with green and red type ones. This year though I bought a couple rolls without having to look at all because there were amazingly two really cute and nice types that were being sold so I grabbed it before the BX sold out of it.

ashmac03
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I put a lot of effort into the wrapping paper, lol.  I know it might seem silly to some people but to me it's part of the decoration for the holidays.  They gifts are sitting under the tree for a few weeks usually before Christmas so I like them to look nice too.  I usually have a theme for my wrapping paper every year so it all matches,  

christina0607
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I agree it really is for me, a part of the decoration. Except we don't leave any gifts under the tree. Santa brings the all while they are sleeping xmas eve.

Quoting ashmac03:

I put a lot of effort into the wrapping paper, lol.  I know it might seem silly to some people but to me it's part of the decoration for the holidays.  They gifts are sitting under the tree for a few weeks usually before Christmas so I like them to look nice too.  I usually have a theme for my wrapping paper every year so it all matches,  

MamaPeanut
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I just get cute and fun stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brightstar28
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Oh my word... I buy so much wrapping paper at Christmas.  I have an addiction with wrapping gifts.  I wrap them so early, and then they sit under my tree and I stare at them, and then I want to rewrap them.  So I do!  My wrapping paper all has to coordinate, and I spend a lot of time making them look fabulous!

CafeMom Tickers
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Each kid gets thier own wrapping paper.  All of my sons gifs for instance will be in the same wrapping paper and all of my older dd's will be in another then my youngest will gets hers.     I do that so its easier for them to see who gets what.  Then I have other wrapping paper for everyone else.   I usually get blue for my son, Gold for my middle dd and anything with santa usually red for my youngest.  

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I typically stick to the gold, silver and red theme. I like the way they look together under the tree and there is no fighting over who got frosty and who got Rudolph paper. Plus we don't do Santa so I don't want Santa paper.
bchic24
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I like making the presents look picture perfect so I get a color scheme picked out and buy the prettiest ones that meet the requirements!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Ive learned to never buy wrapping paper that my son likes (why he wont leave it alone and I cant blame him). So I buy stuff I like, I go for the very cute christmas theme. I love the mix of all papers so I tend to buy a couple of new rolls and use last years rolls. I hate when more then 2 gifts match.

Plus Ive learned to not worry about matching paper cause when all the aunts and grandparents drop off their gifts, then it would just mess me up if I had all matching stuff and then their stuff comes and its different, so I just do all different so it all looks like it was suppose to be that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)