Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much effort do you put into the wrapping paper you buy for xmas?

Yesterday I went to target to buy wrapping paper and it literally took me about 45 minutes to pick it out. While doing so I watched countless people come up and grab 2 rolls and walk away. The whole time I kept thinking ...why can't I just not care what colors go with each other? To make things harder Target has two aisles of paper, so I had to keep bringing paper from one aisle to the other to check if the colors coordinated.

Unfortunately I needed 4 rolls and only got two. I just couldn't find four I liked together. So now I have cut out "swatches" from the paper I bought so that I can go to other stores to find coordinating papers.

I like to have four completely different yet coordinating papers.

I may have a wrapping paper addiction....

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (51-59):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Haha!  I used to be that way but I'm much more laid back now.  Gifts from Santa are always wrapped in Santa paper...that's just what Mrs. Claus uses.  Gifts to everyone else is in whatever i find that I like. 

_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I just grab whatever wrapping paper I think my kids will like lol,but I think we have a bunch in the closet from last year

JessicaRee
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:03 PM
I buy the 4 pack of rolls that are different but the same. Blue and white last year and red from Santa. Always red from Santa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I look at price per sq. ft and buy the best deal, lol. 

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM

all my wrapping paper matches. i'm farely picky.....

they all match as much as possiable. reds and silver blues and silvers ....with color coated bows for the kids and for my SO and I whatever bows we put on it

LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Im super anal about how wrapping looks.....so yeah, I spend a lot of time picking it out and doing the actual wrapping. Oh....and the paper has to match my tree colors that year

ashleigh24
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I think you have an addiction hun ;) that is so funny!!! I do pick out my favorite but I get it after xmas when on sale so I have a ton of it!!! I do try to wrap all presents in different ones so I'm horrible at conserving the paper. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Quoting christina0607:

I agree it really is for me, a part of the decoration. Except we don't leave any gifts under the tree. Santa brings the all while they are sleeping xmas eve.

Quoting ashmac03:

I put a lot of effort into the wrapping paper, lol.  I know it might seem silly to some people but to me it's part of the decoration for the holidays.  They gifts are sitting under the tree for a few weeks usually before Christmas so I like them to look nice too.  I usually have a theme for my wrapping paper every year so it all matches,  

The kids gifts from Santa are hidden until they're sleeping xmas eve at our house also.  I use a different wrapping paper for those gifts that the kids never see.  The ones under our tree ahead of time are the gifts from us to the kids and the rest of our family and friends.  

Sweets32285
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I pick out a roll for each kid, the a roll of Santa print.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN