Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Has Had Gallbladder Problems?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been having issues for over 2 years now they are saying it could be my gallbladder. I'm 43 pretty healthy have migraines a lot but for a while I thought it might be a cyst. I had 1 before. Several years ago. According to WebMD I meet all the requirements for a gallbladder issue. What should I expect. What happened to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

But a good thing came out of all of it. I started to see my regular dr more often, we identified two huge outstanding medical issues I have and being treated and I feel 100 times better than I have since I was in my mid 20's.

Due9
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I had gallbladder issues after taking birth control. I don't know if that's what caused it, but it seemed to act up and cause me terrible pain whenever I would take it. I had it removed and the recovery was very quick and easy.

Duenov30
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I had such terrible pain so I had the ultrasound and had it removed with 4 small incisions. I do still occasionally get a litte pain in the same area they sd it's just scar tissue but its not unbearable. I also shit all the time! Can't eat fast food or at any restaurant unless I wanna have to go straight to the bathroom! And about ten minutes before it hits I get the worst stomach cramps ever then all the sudden I gotta go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

no i get it.  most people wait until its so serious if they risk serious infection amongst other things.  acute gallbladder pain is so horrible i think anyone would choose surgery over leaving it in any day of the week!

i had been misdiagnosed for 6 months as having an ulcer.  it was HORRIBLE.  i could eat or drink anything without wanting to vomit and had horrible abdominal pain.  christmas was my breaking point.  i was in too much pain to lean over and wrap presents :(

then my grandma told me about her naturopath.  i went to her.  she gave me 60 cents worth of lactic acid tablets and asked me if i had any pain.  i did not (which had i really had an ulcer i would have) so she did some naturopath testing and told me it was my gallbladder.  gave me a recipe for a flush that took a week to do.  the worst part was drinking a cup of olive oil.  fucking DISGUSTING!

but i got over 400 gallstones out.  some the size of a penny all the way down to the size of the tip of a pencil.  within 3 days i was feeling 80% better and by week number two i felt normal again.  i do it once a year to keep my gallbladder and liver healthy.

btw she recommends doing it for people who have had theirs removed as well since you also get stones caught in the liver ducts.  you might be able to resolve some of your IBS if your liver was functioning better!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

There was really no option to keep it for me.

and at that point i felt like I was going to die.

shitting seemed to be a little concern at that point LOL

Quoting tansyflower:

that was the one thing that motivated me to keep my gallbladder if it were possible...IBS SUCKS!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

for about a year I had bad indigestion that would make me vomit at 4 am.

I ignored it and laid off eating late and spicey food

Then one morning at 2 am I woke up same pain, vomited, no relief, went downstairs to not wake my Dh and had sever pain, couldn't sleep, throwing up bile, about 5 am when the pain was so bad I couldn't take a breath I thought it was a heart attack

I woke up DH - he dressed me and took me to the ER

Doctors suspected almost immediatly after my EKG or EEG whatever that is for the heart came back normal, that it was gallbladder related

They pumped me full of meds, sent me for an ultrasound which confirmed man many many small stones, and my gallbladder inflamed as well as the liver and a few other things.

Admitted me, 

Operated on me next morning.

I was in the hospital for 3 days total, because there were a few complications because the gall bladder was so inflamed. they also dropped a stone in my abdomen.

Recovered fully in about 3 months.

never had an issue ever again

Other than I shit ALL THE TIME

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM

you need an ultrasound of your gallbladder.  i have had a bunch of surgeries & gallbladder was by far the easiest one.  quick recovery.  i did have pooping issues for a few months after but those eventually stopped.  

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Had my gall bladder removed in 2001.  It was diseased so it had to be removed.  Surgery itself wasn't too bad.  Recovery was pretty quick.  Everything all in all went well until a week after I got to the point were everytime I ate it went through me.  Now, years later i'm still having the same issue which they dx'd as IBS.  :l  I go through bouts of being constipated (last nov ended up with impacted bowels) to going 10x a day.  Right now i'm experiencing bile reflux and bile malasborption which they say is connected to having your gall bladder removed.

Not trying to scare you just making you aware....  Not everyone gets this.  I was one of the lucky ones.. lol not!  :P

anesmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM

OMG, as if I wrote this, word for word!!! Same thing happened to me, but I only had 1 tiny stone and lots of sludge in my GB. Regardless, the PAAAAINN, geez murphy, I had a 10lbs8oz baby 1 year before that with NO meds and it hurt less. Do not worry about crapping all the time- this resolves, for some ppl 1 year after surgery, for some more or less. For me - I think a year.This was a looong time ago-1997, I was 26 y/old.I have had NO ISSUES with mu health since, thank god. But be careful, you might gain some weight after surgery since you can eat anything with no problems or indigesiton.I eat like a piglet cuz I could finaly enjoy everything with no pain or hartburn.

DO NOT KEEP A PROBLEMATIC GB.

WITH MY LAST BAD ATTACK I GOT PANCREATITIS, WHICH IS COMMON COMPLICATION AND IT CAN BE FATAL IN OVER 50% .HENCE WHY DRS DO NOT HESITATE WITH SURGERY!!!!! Now , I have to watch for diabetes :((((

Quoting FooLynRoo:

for about a year I had bad indigestion that would make me vomit at 4 am.

I ignored it and laid off eating late and spicey food

Then one morning at 2 am I woke up same pain, vomited, no relief, went downstairs to not wake my Dh and had sever pain, couldn't sleep, throwing up bile, about 5 am when the pain was so bad I couldn't take a breath I thought it was a heart attack

I woke up DH - he dressed me and took me to the ER

Doctors suspected almost immediatly after my EKG or EEG whatever that is for the heart came back normal, that it was gallbladder related

They pumped me full of meds, sent me for an ultrasound which confirmed man many many small stones, and my gallbladder inflamed as well as the liver and a few other things.

Admitted me, 

Operated on me next morning.

I was in the hospital for 3 days total, because there were a few complications because the gall bladder was so inflamed. they also dropped a stone in my abdomen.

Recovered fully in about 3 months.

never had an issue ever again

Other than I shit ALL THE TIME

SerenityBerry
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My gall bladder issues were acute, I felt nauseous for hours but couldn't bring up anything, I was in horrible pain on my right side and I could not stop burping. After one aweful night suffering on the sofa not sure if I slept or just lost conciousness, I had my mom watch my oldest and my dad took me to the ER where my hubby met us, that car ride was agony, they gave me pain killers, did lots of tests and determined that I needed my gall bladder out, now. I was able to have a laproscopic procedure ( though I was actually worse than they had thought) everything went fine, I just have four little scars and I immediately felt better. 

kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Every female on my mom's side has had their gall bladder removed by 40. I've had two gall bladder attacks. They suck. The doctor said I would have to have it removed in the future. 

Mine were minor attacks. I felt like I was going to puke. Felt full constantly because nothing was going through my gall bladder. Could not stand up straight. Spent a day or two in bed. Went to the doc and he said yep gall bladder. My mom says it's how she felt too. 

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing goes through your gall bladder..

it secrets bile.

food doesn't pass through it.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Every female on my mom's side has had their gall bladder removed by 40. I've had two gall bladder attacks. They suck. The doctor said I would have to have it removed in the future. 

Mine were minor attacks. I felt like I was going to puke. Felt full constantly because nothing was going through my gall bladder. Could not stand up straight. Spent a day or two in bed. Went to the doc and he said yep gall bladder. My mom says it's how she felt too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)