Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My SIL thinks its crazy that my 4 year old has this camera

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 80 Replies

When I got my new camera I have my old one to my 4 year old. It's just a Nikon cool pix L110 and he loves taking pics so I figured why not. My SIL is giving me all kinds of shit bout it she thinks we should get her a kid camera but we tried those and they take crap pics. She does really good with it and keeps it in the case and doesn't leave it laying around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Cool camera! I have a Nikon D3000 DSLR

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I just got a dslr that's why she got my old one.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Cool camera! I have a Nikon D3000 DSLR

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I did the same thing a few years ago.  DD has gotten progressively nice cameras.  

Dark_Rain
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM

She's your kid! If she loves taking pictures then its a good thing for her! Its always good to encourage your children to do what they love and what they are good at!

db1au
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

you got a new one, your kid got your old one.  why get a crappy kid camera when the "old" camera works just fine.  If something happens to it, it will not be bad since you have a new one.  My kid loves taking pictures as well. 

Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM

It is kind of weird but it's not like you bought it for her you gave her your old one.  I typically sell old stuff like that on craigslist just because I always have too much shit laying around..

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Cool she sounds like a little shutter bug.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
She actually gets some pretty decent shots for a 4 year old that takes pics of stuff like the toilet and doesn't quite get the idea of focusing lol. Thank goodness for digital pics though because I couldn't afford the film she would use lol

Quoting Dark_Rain:

She's your kid! If she loves taking pictures then its a good thing for her! Its always good to encourage your children to do what they love and what they are good at!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

she's a hater.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
She carries that thing everywhere some of the pics crack me up things like her shoe, a rock, the toilet, and bugs so many bugs!

Quoting sarah.xo:

Cool she sounds like a little shutter bug.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)