Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this normal??

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 23 weeks pregnant and every once in a while, I get this horrible pressure in my chest. It's like someone is standing on my chest. When I get this pressure, it's constant. It gets so painful that I actually cry because it hurts so bad.

I'm going to bring it up at my next appointment on the 29th, but I was just wondering if this is "normal". This is my third pregnancy and I didn't have this happen with my first two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Honestly, I'd call my OBGYN's office and talk to a nurse.  They will let you know if you should come in or go to ER.

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Honestly I had the same thing, and went to the ER at the recommendation of my insurance's 24/7 nurse hotline thing.

Turned out to be heartburn. :\ I've never had heartburn before, and I always figured it would, y'know, BURN. But that felt like someone had kicked me in the solar plexus as hard as they could. I'd kind of thought I was having a heart attack. :o

They gave me some sort of liquid medicine stuff (I think it was Maalox?) and it went away within a half an hour.

MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I get heartburn often. The first time this happened, I took tums and it did absolutely no good. I thought heart attack too. Lol

Quoting slashteddy:

Honestly I had the same thing, and went to the ER at the recommendation of my insurance's 24/7 nurse hotline thing.

Turned out to be heartburn. :\ I've never had heartburn before, and I always figured it would, y'know, BURN. But that felt like someone had kicked me in the solar plexus as hard as they could. I'd kind of thought I was having a heart attack. :o

They gave me some sort of liquid medicine stuff (I think it was Maalox?) and it went away within a half an hour.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM
If it happens again, I think I'm going to call. I had the pressure earlier today and it lasted about an hour and then went away.

Quoting specialwingz:

Honestly, I'd call my OBGYN's office and talk to a nurse.  They will let you know if you should come in or go to ER.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Are you under any particular stress right now?  I mean other than being pregnant, lol.  It could be anxiety, too.

amyleigh80
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Could it be your Gallbladder. 

Quoting MeghanPerez:

If it happens again, I think I'm going to call. I had the pressure earlier today and it lasted about an hour and then went away.

Quoting specialwingz:

MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Nope. I had my gallbladder removed over a year ago.

Quoting amyleigh80:

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Quoting specialwingz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyleigh80
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hmmmmm, is it the center of your chest?

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Quoting amyleigh80:

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Quoting specialwingz:

MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Yes. Like right in between my breasts.

Quoting amyleigh80:

Hmmmmm, is it the center of your chest?

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Quoting amyleigh80:

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Quoting specialwingz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM
No, no stress or anxiety. Things have been relatively calm and easy. Lol

Quoting specialwingz:

Are you under any particular stress right now?  I mean other than being pregnant, lol.  It could be anxiety, too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN