Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

scooby doo and wicca

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
have any of you seen scooby doo and the witches ghost? i want to get it for christmas for my 3 year old, so of course i go online and read the reviews.
just wondering if any of you have seen it and like it or dont like it?
the reviws were awful because it talks about wicca and the villans are real monsters.

i am still getting this movie for my son. i know he can handle it because his favorite is scooby doo on zombie island, he watches it every day an its pretty scary! and i dont mind him learning about wicca, i doubt scooby is trying to push my kid to become wiccan. thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM
AJ has it, but I didn't pay that much attention I guess. He has tons of scooby doo dvds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol. As a former wiccan myself I can pretty confidently say that scooby doo is not a reliable source of information on the topic.
twicethemomjess
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM
i just couldnt believe how many people thought the dvd was brainwashing their kid. crazy.

Quoting AlekD:

Lol. As a former wiccan myself I can pretty confidently say that scooby doo is not a reliable source of information on the topic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM
People have a lot of time on their hands lol

Quoting twicethemomjess:

i just couldnt believe how many people thought the dvd was brainwashing their kid. crazy.

Quoting AlekD:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

ALot of people think every cartoon has some agenda in them which shows their state of paranoia LOL.  Children take things at face value and scooby is good for halloween stuff.

vrbtnseele
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I don't remember it, but as a Wiccan, I'm sure most of what it says is wrong, lol. I wouldn't worry about it anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

FFS, every Scooby Doo villain turns out to be the elderly amusement park owner. How scary is that? One real villain and everyone freaks out? Come on.

steelcage
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

It's a frickin movie. Your kid isn't going to watch it then sell his soul to Satan.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Quoting jadedcynic:

FFS, every Scooby Doo villain turns out to be the elderly amusement park owner. How scary is that?

"scary" wasn't the purpose.   The old Scooby Doo was excellent because it taught children that there are no supernatural monsters, and that fears can be faced.

A triumph of science, rationalism and large scooby snacks.  :-)

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM

it's a conspiracy!  LOL
Just kidding

my kids love it too and yes there's a wiccan aspect but if you don't mind, who cares what everyone else thinks?

It's  not like you're buying him "The Hangover"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)