Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SII disability check for your child?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 32 Replies
They say you can have 2 cars in your name, but they only can have $2,000 value. What kind of car can you get that value that? If you work why can't you have a car that's worth more? I understand the $2,000 bank account, but a car really?
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I don't know anything about this.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:36 AM

no idea, my dd gets an SSI check but thats because her bio dad gets a check.

black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

That is not how it is in this state. My sister has a new Prius and has never had issues. 

mamaofficer
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Quoting black.eyeliner:

That is not how it is in this state. My sister has a new Prius and has never had issues. 

What state, and her child gets SSI right?
mhaney03
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

my kids get it cause their dad does and his car is worth more than that but it's still a POS

black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

She is in MA and she gets checks for her and her two girls who are all disabled. 

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting black.eyeliner:

What state, and her child gets SSI right?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I'm in michigan here your only allowed $1500 in your account I draw it all out monthly I get $628.90 a month for myself is it possible to get it for my daughter because I get it? Op i'm sorry to hijack your post but I'm curious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I'm in michigan here your only allowed $1500 in your account I draw it all out monthly I get $628.90 a month for myself is it possible to get it for my daughter because I get it? Op i'm sorry to hijack your post but I'm curious

That's fine, but I do want to read the response you get if possible.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM
The employees here told me I can't get it for her but i'm hearing I can i'm confused and just want to know my options

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

That's fine, but I do want to read the response you get if possible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShhhItsASecret
by Tiffany on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I get it for myself. My kids also get it. You have to call social security and tell them you want to apply for your kids. I get $800 and my kids get $145 each. I have 2 kids. You will also get back pay for them as well.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)