Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Im not invited to my sisters wedding **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

Let me start out by saying that I am extremely hurt. My sister and I are very close.

I'm currently helping my sister out with the dress shopping. She looks beautiful trying dresses and I am typing to not only vent but hide the pain.

My sister and her fiancee met in September and have plans to marry soon.

I am not allowed to know the date nor am I welcomed to come bc she wants to make it fair for him.

His parents are still in Belarus (it's a country next to Russia).

They are not able to attend so we're not allowed to attend. How is that my problem? I'm trying hard to be happy for her but I find myself miserable. I understand it's her day and her decision but can't help to feel sad.

UPDATE:

After shopping with her all day.  I finally told her my feelings and recommended skyping the wedding to them.  She said it still wouldn't be the same.  To add more insult to injury, we finally found a very simple dress which she had been implying all day would be all day would be the wedding dress and as we were leaving the mall I mentioned something along the lines "Oh it took forever to find your dress, you're gonna look so beautiful..." to which she replied, "Oh, that's just the dress I'm wearing to the party we're having after the wedding, you can't see the dress". 

As if I haven't cried enough and poured my feelings out ...  I am hanging up my hat and putting my wall up.

Thank you ladies for your help.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
Caitlin1983
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude. Their logic is moronic. I'm sorry. I would throw a serious fit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't they just go to Vegas and not invite anyone? THAT would really be fair instead of him getting to have HIS friends while she has no one.

And WTF ... why can't you at least know the damn date. That is just stupid. 

I know one thing, if it were me, there is no way in hell that I would help her with the damn dress if that is the way she was treating me. I'd tell her to get bent. 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow how uncool of your sister. Why would anyone exclude close family? Smh
kriss1023
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe I've see to many movie but this is what I was thinking. Just because he's a sweet guy now, doesn't mean that's how he will stay.

Quoting wildlilacs:

They met 2 months ago? He's not a citizen?Nobody can attend? He was a locater app on phone??? Look at all the red flags.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

what kind of wedding is she having that she needs a dress but family is not invited? I wouldn't help her with any of her wedding crap that's for sure if i wasn't invited.

mommybug77
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex husbands parents didn't support of marriage so we eloped without any family. My second marriage I got the wedding I wanted.
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I wasnt invited to my sisters wedding just our parents were there I was a little hurt but she explained why and I completely understood
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teacher101
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Well if they are simply eloping and aren't inviting anyone than it isn't anything against you....

Maybe they will throw a reception and invite family?

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

oh thats messed i am sorry to hear that 

donnaw2kids
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

aw im so sorry... thats very sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN