Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Don't sit your infant carrier on the floor in public!

Posted by   + Show Post
I was at Macy's today, there were 3 people in line. An old lady who was paying, a mom with a newborn in a carrier and me at the end.
The lady in front of me with the infant carrier sets the carrier on the floor beside her. The old lady paying in front of her takes a step backwards, when she did she tripped over the infant carrier and fell directly on top of the newborn, she had no idea the carrier was there. Old lady is hurt, baby is hurt, everyone is screaming at each other. Ambulance had to be called, both old lady and newborn went to the ER.
While out in a public place, do not sit your infant carrier on the ground!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (491-493):
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I either wore my baby when out or had them in their carrier and carried it or placed it between my legs so that they weren't just floating out there in random space. Who looks down at their feet when walking? Too many chances of someone tripping over them.

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM
It's already been said...the mom was standing way too close to the old lady.

Quoting LilyCT:

You said the mother sat the carrier beside her on the floor. I can't see what was so wrong with that. Perhaps the elderly lady shouldn't have been stepping so close to where the young mother was standing? We are all soquick to blame anyone other than the elderly simly becaue they'e old. I don't understand why she needed to step back if she was paying, she should simply have turned to one side and walked away. Asking a mother not to set a heavy infant carrier down is unreasonble.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I never felt right about setting my baby on the floor like a piece of luggage...people are strange.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN