Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you take your children out black friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't even go out.

mkh615
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I don't even go out...it's terrifying.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

luvmymunchkins3
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Yes i am taking my 5yr old this yr because its fun and it doesn't get crazy around here we aren't out all night long we go out around 10-11 and we are home by like 2-3 we go with my brother and just have a fun time shopping and hanging out oh and we might even bring the baby just put him in the moby and have a fun time shopping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM
That I understand, I mean standing in line from 8pm to midnight waiting for toys r us to open. Those are the things that boggle my mind.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Not when they open the doors but in the afternoon we have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM
No way. I don't go at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Agreed. I don't even go out that entire weekend except maybe to a movie. Aside from people getting trampled and shot (let's be honest, if you avoid Walmart the chance of violence is dramatically reduced), I can't imaging what message it sends to kids about materialism.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

people get trampled to death on Black Friday. It's practically child abuse to drag your children around in the wee morning hours in the cold so you can save a buck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Exactly this.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

people get trampled to death on Black Friday. It's practically child abuse to drag your children around in the wee morning hours in the cold so you can save a buck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don't go black friday shopping and even if I did go there would be no way that I would take my children,Holiday shopping is crazy enough as is,I have seen a fist fight almost happen in a parking lot at Toys-R-Us over a parking spot I could imagine how they act in the stores,it's insane.

JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM
When i worked at walmart for black friday i would see small kids too. I would never take my kids. If i cant find a sitter then i dont go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Ew, no. I don't black friday shop, but if I did, I wouldn't bring my son to those ridiculous stores. Let someone step on my kid, I'll be in jail for murder before Saturday.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)