Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you take your children out black friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
mich.el.le
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I have later in the day but never early morning where I had to stand in line outside.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

TonyaO
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM
My 13 up dd and I have gone the past two years, it's a fun little tradition for us, but it's not all crazy here either, it's a relative small town in a rural area. I won't take her in the city though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM
No. BF used to be a girls' day out for me, my mom, SIL and cousins. Now I usually go around midnight and shop through the night when they're sleeping. If I'm shopping for them, I'm not going to take them with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM
No. We buy gifts then.

I've never experienced crazy rude shoppers like you see on Tv.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I took the baby one year, she was warmer than anyone. My oldest is ready to go with me, she's 13.
inspain
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

No.  I did the Black Friday bit just once, about ten years ago.  Never, never again.  I have no desire to ever again get up that early so I can suffer fools just to save a few bucks.

mommy5912
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Nope and I hate when others do because I hear those kids cry and whine the whole damnable time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I think 13 is a fine age to go as long as they are mature enough. I started then and so did my sister. I mean the people who bring their two year old out. That just seems crazy to me.

Quoting mommybug77:

I took the baby one year, she was warmer than anyone. My oldest is ready to go with me, she's 13.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM
My dd is 12 and has gone the last 2 years cause she wanted too and was hanging out with her friends. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN