Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you take your children out black friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
There is absolutely nothing, that I need so badly on a Black Friday, that would entice me to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:30 AM

No, I have not and I do not understand why someone would. 

thatgirl70
by Carin on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I don't think I ever have, but if I did, it was way after the rush.

zebbyzebby06
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Nope if i cant go i wont...its not that important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I can barely handle grocery shopping with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Nope, I've never taken ds. I used to go BF shopping with my sister, but now nobody in the family wants to anyway. I wouldn't drag ds out of bed and into the cold and dh leaves for work by 5am. Mil is willing to keep ds overnight after Thanksgiving dinner, but I have to be at work at 8:30, so I'll be exhausted if I'm out all night shopping this year.

JustMe0326
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Absolutely not.

But last year at Walmart, my sil and I were going through movies when all of a sudden some movies in a cart next to us started moving. It was a little boy who was sleeping in the cart. That "mother" just threw her shit on top of him. Scared the crap out of us.
It was so awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM
See, it is that kind of crap that bothers me!! Every year I see parents pushing kids in strollers who are whiney and obviously very over tired or they are already asleep. Seriously, take your kid home and put them to bed.

Quoting JustMe0326:

Absolutely not.

But last year at Walmart, my sil and I were going through movies when all of a sudden some movies in a cart next to us started moving. It was a little boy who was sleeping in the cart. That "mother" just threw her shit on top of him. Scared the crap out of us.

It was so awful.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

We neevr have, because we're buying things for them.

but, I don't think it's a big deal. It's just shopping.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I have only gone out once. My kids were young enough that I left them home on bed with DH while I was gone. I was after one item and was only gone for about 2 hours max. I couldn't imagine taking kids out for that craziness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN