Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you take your children out black friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
carter210
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM
No. Even in the afternoon I will try to avoid going shopping with my babies because its so.... busy!! Seriously I love BF shopping but its too crazy for kids! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlcitycountry
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I don't even go out on Black Friday but if I did no I wouldn't take the kids. I don't care how good a deal is people are just to crazy that day for me to go out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobe921
by Esra on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I took them last year but not to the stores I had to wait in line...I did those while they slept....my mom watched my older son but i took my one year old to the inside mall at midnight. He slept through it all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM
No I wouldn't. Two years ago two gang members shot each other up at a toys r us. I don't even go out myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momgirlsx2
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM
My oldest dd has gone with me since she was about 6 or 7 because she wanted to. And the first time she went I didn't have a sitter. She's 16 now and she loves to go just to watch the crazies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Never
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Princess_s21
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Hell to the NO, wouldn't even consider it!
fallnangel3
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:02 AM
For the midnight and 6am sales HELL NO. We have gone different places with them in the afternoon and evening though when the stores aren't that busy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Aw hell no! I plan a baby sitter a couple of weeks in advance! I can't imagine putting a toddler through that, but I have seen some moms brave enough to do it. I would be afraid they'd get hurt or lost. 

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM

we did once. but we were out of town and we went later in the day. didn't wait outside in the cold and things had calmed down. i was surprised my husband wanted to go.

usually i go shopping and my husband stays home with the kids. i'm not going this year because i have a new baby and nobody to babysit. so i'm staying home and will try to get what i want online. if not then i don't need it. just not a place for kids in the ealry morning, freezing air. plus with how crazy ppl get when the sales start i'd be afraid of them getting hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)