Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you take your children out black friday shopping?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have never taken mine but I have seen so many people out with kids on black Friday. Sometimes babies, sometimes toddlers and even some older kids like 6-10.

If you do take your kids then why? I have never personally understood why you would take a toddler to stand in line outside of a store when it's super cold just in order to save a few bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Replies (91-98):
BNic517
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM
Parent fail if you do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Some people seem to enjoy the risk of their kid getting hurt with all those crazies out.
cjgmommy05
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I took my son when he was about 3 months old.  He slept the whole time in the one store. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it was.   We didn't have any problems.  

Zanny
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM

I do not...

My older daughter, who is 20, works at a Major retailer... She is on the Schedule from Midnight to 10am..  She asked me to drive her there & PIck her up... I shop that store when I drop her off... So technically, I guess I do!!

My 9 year old is in bed at the time... But I never brought her, or the other one out on Black Friday

DOMTITI
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM
My dd is going this year! So excited. However.. We don't go out early. It's a tradition with my bff's and family. We are all done gift buying, we just "random shop", then go to brunch. It's a blast. Been doing it for YEARS.. Never had an issue. Tempers flair when people are hard up for a certain deal, we don't have that issue. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOMTITI
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Lol.. Yup.. I love putting my daughter in danger. That's how I test out my wonderwoman skills.. Dramatic much..

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Some people seem to enjoy the risk of their kid getting hurt with all those crazies out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOMTITI
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM
We have a similar tradition. This is my dd first time going with my group. She is SUPER EXCITED! She is bringing a couple friends. We made reservations for brunch. They can't Wait to shop til they drop and then enjoy great food:)

Quoting KristyB:

My best friend and I started taking our girls along last year. They were 10 & 12 at the time. They had a blast and we loved having them with us. Black Friday shopping has been a tradition for us since we were in high school and now we feel like our girls are old enough to become part of that tradition. My best friend was married to my first cousin for 10 years so our daughter's aren't just friends, they are also family. I hope they carry on the tradition of Black Shopping together all of their lives and that its as special to them as it is to me and Janelle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
th78
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM
If I went I'd have to. Their dad will be at work and I have no one to watch them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)