Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How would you feel about this?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 44 Replies

So picture this: You've been dating a guy for 2 years. He seems pretty perfect. You have similar interests and hobbies. He's an engineer for GE and makes good money. He's a few years older, but things are basically perfect. Suddenly, he breaks up with you and says that it's because he doesn't feel like he's "good enough" for you.

7 months of complete HELL go by and you're still trying to get over him when he suddenly emails you and says he misses you so much and really wants a second chance. You take him back. 4 years go by. In these four years you buy a house together and basically live like a married couple in what you think is complete and utter bliss. You become very close with all if his friends and he sort of becomes friends with yours (Some are still wary of him because of the break up) but once again, things appear to be perfect.

Then one night, you're spending the evening with one of your close mutual friends, and after several glasses of wine it comes out that he broke up with you in order to sleep with this mutual friend (whom he was adiment about you liking and getting close to!). He slept with her for the 7 months you weren't together (no, they were not in a "relationship") and then contacted you to try and rekindle things.

You are completely devastated because 1. He lied and said he did not sleep with anyone while you had been broken up. (You probably wouldn't have been mad since you weren't together, but it's the lying thing that's really eating at you.) and 2. He basically forced the girl he was screwing for 7 months  onto you and made sure you became BEST friends. You're considering leaving him but you're scared because your life is completely entwined with his life. You'd have to deal with a lot of legal crap with the house and you don't really have anywhere else to go. Plus. you're pretty sure you love him. You tell him you really need some time to think about this and decide what is right for you.

Suddenly, only a month after his little secret comes to the surface, he proposes (even though after a total of 6 yrs together, he basically said he had no intention of getting married anytime soon even though he's 31.)

Seems a little fishy, eh?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

who is this?

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM
If the two of the main characters don't have kids, move on.

What a lame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkh615
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

My best friend got engaged today and I just can't be truly happy for her. She thinks I am, but I think he is a huge jackass.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

who is this?

mkh615
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Nope, no kids. I think she could easily make a nice clean break and start over again.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

What a lame.

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM
She sure could. Even if he does love her that shit is ridiculous.

Quoting mkh615:

Nope, no kids. I think she could easily make a nice clean break and start over again.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

What a lame.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Once she's married to him, she gets half. Let it go.
Schleetle
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
That seems really odd... Why wouldn't he just say he had a fwb while they were split up? Idk it's strange, but I guess there isn't much anyone can do to stop her if she plans on marrying him. I hope everything works out okay for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't marry him. I would be out the door faster than he could say wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

BEST.ANSWER.EVER.

Quoting grey7399:

mkh615
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Not if there's a prenup! My DH said he's going to take the bar in SC (where she lives) so when they do get divorced he can make SURE she gets half.

Quoting grey7399:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN