Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thanksgiving right around the corner.

i just wanna make sure i have it covered since it's our first time hosting thanksgiving....so please tell me. did i miss something

Baked sweet potaotes, cranberry sauce,garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with almods and bacon, whickey glazed ham, stuffing, apple cider brined turkey with gravy, pecan piue, and a apple cobbler. with home made whipped cream and home made bread.

did we miss anything? ***EDIT***

i believe i left a few things out. ice is in my freezer. drinks taken care of. veggie tray is in there also. gravy is an automatic. used from the turkey...

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

deviled eggs

MikeysMom22
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM

She mentioned pecan pie and apple cobber... some folks like my husband and son don't like pumpkin pie. I have it when I am out places during the holiday season but don't buy it for home because I would be the only one eating it.

When we had Thanksgiving at my parents house there would be a bowl of Whole nuts and a nutcracker and some after dinner mints available to munch on later.

Drinks for the meal? Coffee, tea and milk to wash down those yummy desserts!

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM

nope no pumpkin pie. i'm sure my SIL is making it. and then a veggie try is happening i must not have put that in there.

Quoting deadlights86:

pumpkin pie? Are you doing appetizers? Cheese plate veggie tray?

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

8 including my family maybe 10

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

How many people are you hosting?

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

i think my brother is bringing beer. i'm making sangria

Quoting Due9:

Lots of gravy and drinks

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM

my house is automatic coffee. and wine. always on ehand for the most part. drink  are taken care of. plenty of juice as well

Quoting deadlights86:

Drinks!! And plenty of ice how about coffee for dessert will you be having wine?

Quoting Due9:

Lots of gravy and drinks

melissam78
Don't forget the dinner rolls and green been casserole :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forsakenjewl24

bought a big bag bout a week ago still full.

Quoting The_Doodle:

And make sure you have plenty of ice

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM

every one loves pumpkin pie. but since i know i'll probably mess it up i wont make it. and i dont wanna buy anything. everything is being made from scratch. and if i did make pumpkin pie it would be left here and we are trying to eat a little healthier...so with everything that will be left here and us leaving at 12 for black friday shopping.....idk. lol my dad will eat alot of it since he is staying with the kids thursday night. i'm also making either some peanut butter cookies or cupcakes. idk yet. i'm thinking maybe both. but i also think tha's a bitover board so i'm leaning towards the cookies. since i make a mean peanut butter cookie

Quoting MikeysMom22:

She mentioned pecan pie and apple cobber... some folks like my husband and son don't like pumpkin pie. I have it when I am out places during the holiday season but don't buy it for home because I would be the only one eating it.

When we had Thanksgiving at my parents house there would be a bowl of Whole nuts and a nutcracker and some after dinner mints available to munch on later.

Drinks for the meal? Coffee, tea and milk to wash down those yummy desserts!

forsakenjewl24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

home made bread (dinner rolls) and green bean casserole. will not be eaten here., so the green bean with almonds and bacon replaces that.

Quoting melissam78:

Don't forget the dinner rolls and green been casserole :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)