Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thanksgiving right around the corner.

i just wanna make sure i have it covered since it's our first time hosting thanksgiving....so please tell me. did i miss something

Baked sweet potaotes, cranberry sauce,garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with almods and bacon, whickey glazed ham, stuffing, apple cider brined turkey with gravy, pecan piue, and a apple cobbler. with home made whipped cream and home made bread.

did we miss anything? ***EDIT***

i believe i left a few things out. ice is in my freezer. drinks taken care of. veggie tray is in there also. gravy is an automatic. used from the turkey...

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Replies (31-36):
hmommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM

deviled eggs... we have 2 trays of them in our family they go fast!  homemade mac and cheese for the kids

hmommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

and we always invite people to bring dessert.  that means we always have lots of goodness afterwards and the host only has to make the main meal and sides

hmommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

this is a really good alternative to pumpkin pie.  it was devoured in  minutes last year

PUMPKIN DELIGHT

1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
Mix together above ingredients. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture, press remaining into 9"x13" greased pan.
2 eggs, beaten
Libby's pumpkin pie mix (lg. can)
2/3 c. evaporated milk
Mix beaten eggs with pie mix and milk. Pour over cake mixture in pan. Mix reserved cake mix with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 to 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle over pumpkin. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean from pumpkin.
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
My mom makes sweet potato casserole soo delicious:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I'm making pumpkin pies this year:) yummy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN