Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What do u think an appropriate amount of tv time would be for a 3 yr old daily?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My 3 year old was in preschool all day so when she got home she watched some Barney, Dora etc. Nut she playedb while she watched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Our Tv is on all day. If a show catches their interest they watch. If not they play.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SerenityBerry
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Half an hour.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM
My kids also like to have tv on as background noise. They usually watch about 30 minutes in the morning while eating breakfast (netflix on my laptop at the table) so I can shower. Then occasionally at lunch if mommy needs to do something. Those are about the only times they actually watch it though. The rest it is usually just background noise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM
We don't time it. If I feel likes it's been on too long we turn it off or don't let it come on for awhile.
hillelbebop
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I have to admit, I let my almost 4 year old watch more tv then I should. Ever since we moved into the new house we don't go out much. We live in a very sketchy area because my husband lost his job and I don't feel comfortable even walking around the block with my 4 yr old and my 6 month old. We go to the park for an hour or so every day and he can go play out back when he wants but he loves to watch pbs and I let him watch tv whenever he wants because we can't go outside as much as before. 

hillelbebop
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM

But usually it really is just background noise the majority of the time :)

LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:48 PM

As long as its on something appropriate....we'll leave it on all day sometimes. But my kids dont stare at it. They come and go. In general they watch maybe 2-3 on a weekend day where the weathers crappy. During the week, maybe an hour but not likely

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

the tv is is on from the time we wake up til i go to bed. When the kids were little the only stations on were nick jr,PBS and Disney. AS they grew that changed. But it wasn't like they sat in front of the tv all day. They watched 5 min go play for an hour or 2. I kept it on more for white noise then anything. The longest they will sit and watch tv is at night after dinner which is the time DH leaves for work. But even then its more of a 30-60 min time frame at most unless its a movie.

Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I let them watch whatever dd watches a movie then comes & goes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)