Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who wants to help me?!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 17 Replies

We're in the process of buying a house. I've been thinking of what I want to do once we move in but I am stumped when it comes to the living room. It is just so oddly shaped. Maybe one of you ladies can help me. All I know so far is that I want a red couch/sofa/loveseat. (Whatever will fit better in the room.) The picture I have is small but hopefully you can see it okay.

Okay now to the left is the doorway that leads to the stairs (if you walk straight from the doorway) or if you turn left from the doorway, it's the kitchen. Where I was standing while taking the picture is the doorway that leads to the dining room. To the right is a wall with a window. As you can see all the walls have a window. If I had the money, I'd cover them all and just have one big window right in the front. The only wall without a window is to the left and that's where we were gonna put the TV but then we'd have a glare from the windows. We don't know how to set of the furniture either. I'm so lost in how to design this room. Can anyone help please?!! The closing is supposed to be between the 28th and 30th of this month.

Also, can anyone tell me how to care for these hardwood floors? I like them and don't want to screw them up.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I would put the love seat in front of the double window. I would get 2 chairs and put them on either side of the doorway on the right. Its kinda hard cause I can see the whole room. I would get roll down shades to pull down when the glare is on the tv. the are pretty inexpensive. It almost looks like this is supposed to be a livingroom/ diningroom

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Where would you put the TV? I was really interested in one of those big L shaped couches. I wish I had a better picture of the room.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would put the love seat in front of the double window. I would get 2 chairs and put them on either side of the doorway on the right. Its kinda hard cause I can see the whole room. I would get roll down shades to pull down when the glare is on the tv. the are pretty inexpensive. It almost looks like this is supposed to be a livingroom/ diningroom

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

you could do a sectional have the long side go down the left. have the TV at the opposite end or room from double windows

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM

So have the shorter part in front of the double windows?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

you could do a sectional have the long side go down the left. have the TV at the opposite end or room from double windows

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

yes

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Thanks. I'm still iffy about the TV. The doorway opening is kind of wide. I don't think there is enough space on either side of the doorway for it.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

yes

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Thanks. I'm still iffy about the TV. The doorway opening is kind of wide. I don't think there is enough space on either side of the doorway for it.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

yes

If you stood in front of the double windows with your back to them. What is that wall like straight ahead ? can tv go there?

rowseylove
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Definitely is an odd shaped room... from where you took the picture is there a wall there to put the tv at?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

It's mostly the doorway leading to the dining room. Very tiny bit of wall or either side. Maybe enough to fit a Christmas tree. Or hang some shelves for pictures.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

yes

If you stood in front of the double windows with your back to them. What is that wall like straight ahead ? can tv go there?

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I was standing in the doorway that leads to the dining room. There's a tiny bit of wall on both sides but I don't think it's enough for a TV.

Quoting rowseylove:

Definitely is an odd shaped room... from where you took the picture is there a wall there to put the tv at?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)