Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help, which Xbox should I buy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm wanting to buy one for my brother and I to use. I just don't know what's good for what price. Any gamer moms or moms with gamer so that can help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM
You can get a 250GB for about $199. We paid that for our's with the Kinect. GameStop sells used ones for a little less and they have a 30 day warranty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The PS3. 

marihla
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

4 GB is usually all you need, but next time I'm going to buy a kinect. That way I can play stuff too.

Quoting hootowl21:

I see ones that say elite, slim...idk what all that means. Lol. Really I'm just wanting it for Netflix and to play fable and oblivion. Haha my brother will probably want to play halo and stuff online with his friends.

ginger.mom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

if you are going to actually play games, I would go with the elite, both hub and I play a ton of games, watch hulu and netfliks. It came with the 250 Gb drive, if you dont game alot then the basic xbox is great. Costco during the holidays usually has a great price on a pakage deal for the elites and 360. good luck

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

We have a white 60 gig Xbox 360 and a 250 black slim one.  They are both really good.

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

We went through two white ones (red ring of death) and I ended up getting the 250 slim with the Kinect. Much better play and value.

hootowl21
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Where did you buy yours?

Quoting LanasMommy0504:

You can get a 250GB for about $199. We paid that for our's with the Kinect. GameStop sells used ones for a little less and they have a 30 day warranty.
Aichia
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Slim is the latest model & I believe it cones with the Kinect set up already. Go with the larger hard drive for storage too

Quoting hootowl21:

I see ones that say elite, slim...idk what all that means. Lol. Really I'm just wanting it for Netflix and to play fable and oblivion. Haha my brother will probably want to play halo and stuff online with his friends.
hootowl21
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I'm only seeing a 4gb bundle for $199. Has 2 games a controller, one month of live and the kinect.

Quoting LanasMommy0504:

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:56 AM

You might get lucky with the holidays coming . We got the Gears of War bundle last year.. Now matter what your going to spend a lot 50 bucks for a extra controller depending what games you play 60 bucks for a xbox live card.

If you don't get the special bundle you can buy them used from Gamestop with a warranty. Black Friday would be your best day.

Depending on what state you live in you can buy from Amazon.com tax free.

Good Luck

Quoting hootowl21:

I saw the Star Wars one...I'd live to get that one but that's a little more than I'd like to pay.

Quoting DACIA79:

I would get a 320gb limited edition like Halo 4, Stars Wars or Gears of War edition for 349.00

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)