Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help, which Xbox should I buy?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm wanting to buy one for my brother and I to use. I just don't know what's good for what price. Any gamer moms or moms with gamer so that can help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Replies (21-28):
KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Buy a PS3.  DH was dead set that his 360 was the best thing ever, until he played a PS3 at someone else's house.  Now the 360 sits in my room collecting dust.

LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM
From the Navy Exchange. Probably doesn't help you any. Lol

Quoting hootowl21:

Where did you buy yours?

Quoting LanasMommy0504:

You can get a 250GB for about $199. We paid that for our's with the Kinect. GameStop sells used ones for a little less and they have a 30 day warranty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I'd check the Black Friday sales and the used ones at GameStop like I mentioned before. Good luck!

Quoting hootowl21:

I'm only seeing a 4gb bundle for $199. Has 2 games a controller, one month of live and the kinect.

Quoting LanasMommy0504:

You can get a 250GB for about $199. We paid that for our's with the Kinect. GameStop sells used ones for a little less and they have a 30 day warranty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I have an xbox kinect. Best gaming system ever. I will never play on something else.. Well until the next best thing comes out :p

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Seriously though ... you have many options but if all you want it for is like Netflix and play a couple games, I'd go with the cheap version. No reason to buy one with all the bells and whistle if you aren't going to be using the bells and whistles. 

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM

This

Quoting LanasMommy0504:

I wouldn't get the white one. It has major issues with overheating and getting the red ring of death. The 250GB is better because it holds more for your game saves.

Quoting hootowl21:

I found a listing in Craigslist. It says Xbox 360 for $180. Then it has pictures of a white console, 2 white controllers, 1 pink controller, and then 8 games. Does that sound good? Idk what sort of questions I should ask to find out more about.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Look for an Xbox 360 Elite or Xbox Elite listing.  The Elite model is the newer model without the red ring issues...well, mostly.  You don't want to get stuck with the older models because they are shit.

Kazoo22
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM

http://kotaku.com/5961223/these-xbox-360-black-friday-deals-include-a-fancy-white-console-an-exclusive-skylanders-figure-and-more

Alot of places are having awesome deals on xbox consoles right now. If you're wanting to use netflix on it, you'll need a current netflix subscription and a gold membership to xbox live. Gold memberships usually run around $60 per individual per year. But i've seen them between $40 and $50 dollars on websites like amazon.com and newegg.com

And if you decide to get one off of craigslist, be sure to have them plug it in and put in a game so you can make sure the system actually works and doesn't sound weird and to make sure the controller/s work, be sure to check the games as well (if it comes with any).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)