Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughter wants a hair cut

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
  • 21 Replies
My daughter has long hair. Her hair is down to her butt. My daughter has grown out since birth. My daughter is 6 . My daughter wants a hair cut and I don't want to cut it. I've trimmed it before bit that's it. I love my daughters hair. I don't know what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

How short is she wanting to go?   DD had hair past her shoulders and we got hers cut very short.  She chose the style.  

1plustwinsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Let her. Have her donate the hair to locks of love/locks for love. I can't remember the exact name but its a charity that makes wigs for kids with cancer.
connie45
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I also have a 6,yr old daughter who had never had a haircut. Her hair was past her hiney. We finally cut it at her request and donated over 14 inches to the Pantene Wig program.

I now have an extra 20 minutes everyday and she is proud that her hair went to help someone who needed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I would let her. Dd decided, about two years ago, that she wanted her hair that was at her waist to be cut a little past her chin. I was like Ahhhh, but it's what she wanted. And it does grow back. I'm sure it'll be cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allinorder
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM
She wants to go right below the shoulders.

Quoting frndlyfn:

How short is she wanting to go?   DD had hair past her shoulders and we got hers cut very short.  She chose the style.  

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Id allow it if that's what she wants. My DD has had about 5 hair cuts in her 6 years. We've been short and long. Her hair grows fast.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I would go for it and perhaps donate the hair to a cause that accepts hair donations.  Dd prefers the chin length inverted bob so her first hair cut we donated the 10 inches that was cut off.

Quoting Allinorder:

She wants to go right below the shoulders.

Quoting frndlyfn:

militarywife09
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
It's her hair.
MockingJay
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Short cuts can be cute. Let her do it. It's her head, and it's just hair. It's not like she wants a tattoo or piercing. 

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I've kept my DD's hair trimmed to her shoulders or above. It was unruly. But now she is 6.5 and wants to grow it out. She has to brush it if she wants it long. So far she is doing it. Along with growing out her bangs. She had to keep them out of her eyes and clipped back.

It will be easier for both of you. Remember she is the one that has to deal with morning routines and during school and what not too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN