Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My daughter has long hair. Her hair is down to her butt. My daughter has grown out since birth. My daughter is 6 . My daughter wants a hair cut and I don't want to cut it. I've trimmed it before bit that's it. I love my daughters hair. I don't know what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
kansasmom1978
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If she wants it cut, get it cut. It's her hair. 

nancym3
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Goobieville
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

You have managed to write "my daughter" 6 times in that... 

LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Let her cut it. Its just hair and most of all, its HER hair. I know its sad as I went through the same thing with my 6 yo last summer. But she wanteda shoulder length cut with layers and it turned out soooo cute

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM
DD grew her hair to her butt and then donated it to Locks of Love. It's hair, it'll grow back. I didn't want her to cut it either so donating it was a compromise. I was really proud of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM

it's just hair and it'll grow back.  why not cut it if she wants to?

jonnlilithsmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

as a kid who was forced to have long hair when I didn't want to have long hair, I say let her get it cut... let her pick the style and length... 6 is old enough, IMO to start having a say in such things

my 4 year old decided she wanted her hair cut recently, and I told her "alright, next hair cut, you can have it short..." she has since decided that long hair is prettier than short hair, and decided to leave it long...  perhaps your daughter might feel the same way if you give her the option

Missy5326
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Donate it to Locks for Love.  My niece's was that long and just recently she had her first hair cut.  It's still long

and she loves it. 

Arwyn724
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Let her get it cut, donate it as suggested.  I've raised two girls, now 25 & 17. It's only hair, and more important, it's HER hair. There will be many more important things down the road you can take a stand with, hair isn't worth it.

emandab
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM

lol has she watched the movie "Tangled"?  I'm pretty sure my dds will never let me cute their hair, even just to trim it.  They are 3 and 4 and are always talking about having super long hair like repunzel lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN