Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Prayers, please - Another update!!

My mom is sick.  Not like "I've got the sniffles" kind of sick, but really, really sick.  She's never really had health problems, aside from having thyroid problems - she had a goiter and her thyroid removed last year. 

Anyway, she's not been able to eat/drink anything (and have it stay in her system) for 4 weeks.  Most of the time, the mere mention of food makes her vomit.  If she gets it to stay down, she's immediately rushing to the bathroom.  She's lost so much weight (in FOUR weeks!) that her dentures no  longer fit at all.

Dad and I finally convinced her to go to the dr, so she went this morning.  The dr refused to even do blood tests - told her to get to the hospital immediately.  Apparently, she's severely dehydrated on top of it all. 

So, could you please pray/chant/dance naked in the woods (whatever you do) for my mom?  For the drs to find out what's wrong and fix it?  And if you have any idea what might be causing all of this,  I would like to know.  She's just now getting admitted to the hospital, so it will be a while before I know anything, but I'll try to keep this updated.

Thanks!

Update (5pmish)  -

So they've moved her to critical care because her potassium levels have bottomed out and this hospital only has heart monitors in CC. 

Update 2 - 11pm

Dad says she's looking a lot better. The drs still haven't figured out what's going on, but according to her levels she shouldn't have come in via the ER - they've never seen blood levels like hers in a living person.  If she had put it off one more day, she wouldn't be with us anymore.  The dr/nurses put it so well... they hate having nurses as patients because even "on deaths door" they insist that they are fine.

Thanks ladies for putting up with me today :)

Great news!!  They've got her on clear fluids now, she's feeling a bit better.  She called, she sounds better. She has an infection somewhere, still working on finding out what it is/what caused it, but she might be home by Sunday for our family Thanksgiving dinner.  I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes - thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
TableforSeven
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Prayers sent. I hope she gets the help she needs and can feel better soon.

isaiahbellamom
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Prayers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

BUMP FOR UPDATE!

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

bumpity...

Caitlinsmom09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Wow I'm so glad yall got her to go in today!

Sending prayers!

terpmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Hugs and + vibes!!
sexychica25
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Prayers sent your way. I hope your mom pulls through.
Lulu2216
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Prayers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOVES67
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Ur in my thoughts and prayers
Mrs.Tirado
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Wow, thank God u guys took her to the hospital! One more day and......... Well I hope and pray she has a fast recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)