Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone here have a record Labor and Delivery experience?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 28 Replies
I have 4 kids, with the first 3 I was in labor for 11 to 14 hours.
1. 14 hrs
2. 12 hrs
3. 11 hrs
Then I had my 4th in 6 minutes! Yes 6!
The day before my due date I had my regular check up. My Dr went to check me and she accidently broke my water. She said I was dialated at 4 she was sending me across the street and admitting me. She told me to just stay in my gown and she would have someone from the hospital bring a wheelchair. In the mean time call my DF and let him know I was being admitted. I got off the table and was reaching in my purse for my phone when I had the worst contraction ever. It put me on my knees. I screamed for the nurse who ran back with the Dr and dd's head was crowning. It took four of them to get me back on the table as to not hurt either of us and one push later she was there. Total time from water break to cord cutting was 6 minutes. My DF was confused when he went to the hospital and I wasn't there. They told him I had already had her and they had sent Nurses over with incubator to get dd and a to pick me up lol. That was a piece of cake labor and delivery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! Awesome story!
militarywife09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! That's funny. Mine were pretty average. 15 hours with dd1 and 10 with dd2.
snowpeasmom
by Long legged mama on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My first and only so far was 3 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocoMama88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! That's amazing!
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

First baby was 9 and 1/ 2 hours last baby was 2 hours of labor if I ever have another I hope to beat that.

4noodles4me
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM
The funny part was DF and his confusion. I wish I could have seen his face when he was standing in OB at the hospital and they told him what happened. One Nurse told me the next day first he jumped up in the air (because we didn't want to know the sex of the baby and finally had a Girl) then she said he turned white as a ghost and ran to the trash can lol

Quoting militarywife09:

militarywife09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwww!!! Lol! What a neat story to have in the baby book huh?

Quoting 4noodles4me:

The funny part was DF and his confusion. I wish I could have seen his face when he was standing in OB at the hospital and they told him what happened. One Nurse told me the next day first he jumped up in the air (because we didn't want to know the sex of the baby and finally had a Girl) then she said he turned white as a ghost and ran to the trash can lol

Quoting militarywife09:

nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! Nothing out of the ordinary with my kids. First was 6 hours labor, second was 36. Big difference between the two! The first birth was MUCH easier.

angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
my first 3 were average 8 to 10 hours...my last was 2 hours from first contraction to push
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I don't know about a record experience, but I had one that I definitely won't forget.

At 36 weeks, I woke up to go to work.  I went to the bathroom and there was an ungodly amount of blood and clots as big as golf balls.  I was staying with my parents at the time, so I woke my mom up. She called the midwife and was trying to explain how much blood there was.  It just kept coming.  The midwife told me to go back to bed and if it got worse then to call back.

I went upstairs, and i got in the shower to try to clean up, and the shower floor was just covered in blood, so we decided not to screw around and to go into the hospital.

I get to the hospital at 7a.m., and they are doing an ultrasound.  They were so confused because there was no rupture - everything looked normal on the ultrasound.  They decided that they were going to have to deliver the baby that day because they couldn't stop the bleeding.

They gave me pitocin, which I was on for a few hours with very little progression.  I could see on the monitors that I was having contractions, but I couldn't feel them.  They then decided a c-section was necessary.  I learned a week later that the doctor's didn't think I was going to make it through the surgery because of how much blood was lost.

At 2:30, my baby was delivered.  At 8:30, he was transferred to another hospital to be in a NICU where he stayed for 1 week.  I checked myself out of the hospital at noon the next day (against the Dr's very persistant wishes that I stay 2 more days) so I could go see my baby.

Turns out that one of the veins that connects the placenta to the uterus ripped and I was bleeding internally for Lord know's how long.  The only reason we found out in time was because my water broke -  two escapes from death in one delivery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)