Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Skylanders Giants?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do your children have this game for their gaming system?  Would you recommend it?  Why or Why not?

Our son really wants this game for Christmas for the XBox 360 but I know nothing about it.  Really could use some help here before I got to buy it.  I see that Walmart is having a good sale on it Thursday at 8:00 if I can get there, so just wanted to get some opinions first.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

DS has it as well as the original skylanders game. He loves it and I personally think it's worth buying. The only down side to it is you have to buy the characters to play (when you buy the starter pack you'll get 3). The characters will be hard to get as it will be a popular game so if you can get them i would start picking them up now. 

LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM
My DS has both games for the 360. DH took him to get Giants the day it was released. We have all the characters for the original game so now we're adding the new ones to our collection. It was very hard to find the original characters when the first game was released. I think they realized that and have done a much better job at having plenty of them out now. The game is a lot of fun and I definitely think it's worth the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turkeysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Great ladies!  Thanks for your help!  I am actually excited about getting this for him.  He really wants it.  He is going to love it!!

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

we will be getting it for ds for his bday in July, this way we have to time to buy a lot of the guys.

Turkeysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

That was one thing I thought I could suggest to other family members for him.  More guys!

Turkeysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

bump

grey7399
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

we have the original skylanders, I HATE that damn USB connection, we're on our second one because they keep loosing the damn thing.

But we're on our second one because they LOVE the game.  Whatever, they can play without fighting.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

My kids have skylander and skylanders giants. My kids enjoy the game but the thing is costing me a fortune .

I paid 75 bucks for each starter kit and a 10$ minimum for each skylander. I comes with 3 to start. We now have 40 so you can imagine what this is gonna cost to complete both collections

rebecca_tal4
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Ok I put this on layaway last night, the guy at the counter said since we have the original skylanders, we do not have to buy the new portal?? all we need is the new game disc and the giant figures? He also said the giant figures work in the original game?

We have a TON of the original figures so I'm annoyed that they came out with a different version of it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:47 AM

My son is 5 and LOVES it he has the first game then he has  giants for his wii and his ds. My 3 year old DD loves it as well so they share the ds version since all the figures work . We bought the special charger since the batteries are constantly going dead. The games totally worth it if you are willing to pay for  the little figurines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)