Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What Items Would You Say Are A Must Have For A Baby?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's been a while (7 years) since I have had a baby and we have a little man due in March.  Looking for what you ladies think are must haves for babies now adays.  I know it's only been 7 years but things have changed, even since then.  So, if you would do me a favor, please list items your think are must haves for a baby.  Including the very basic items.  My mind is drawing a blank (pregnancy brain).  LOL!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Replies (71-72):
jonnlilithsmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

diapers, wipes, onesies, sleepers, blankets (receiving and larger) towels and facecloths

a snot-sucker (those bulb thingies.. you know!) q-tips, digital touch thermometer (as opposed to the insertable kind)

alcohol-free gripe water, infant fever drops, vitamin drops (multi-with D and iron only if needed)

it's been a few years for me too, but this list is the stuff I think you NEED before you get home from the hospital with the new family member... the rest accumulates over time, as I'm sure you'll remember  :D

*edit* oh, and I guess you'll need bottles and formula if you're not breastfeeding... almost forgot that  :)

mamalusbear
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM

wipes

diapers

co-sleeper or crib

crib or co-sleeper sheets

waterproof mattress pad

breastfeeding pillow (i loved the luna lullabye)

a few blankets

baby bath

swing

washcloths

towels

burp cloths

humidifier

all-in-one baby shampoo/wash for after the 1st month

diapers

diaper pail (we used the safety 1st one because it was only $15 and you can use regular trash bags in it)

as far as clothes go i think just onesies, socks and hats....we had my DS swaddled most of the time, and easy clothes make the diaper changes better.

stroller or a baby wrap

carseat

luxuries:

a changing table

nursing chair

sleep wave machine

baby monitor .....as far as those go, we never used ours because baby was always near and I promise you'll develop super-sensitive hearing.  Us Mommas can hear our babies....I think ears are the best baby monitor.

Congrats on your little one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN