Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do if your 4 year old told you this about preschool???? PIOG Need opinions please!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 25 Replies

I made a post last week but I would like some more opinions.

My four year old son came home from preschool and told me that him and two other boys go in the back corner where no one else can see them and play Dr. Theres a big rock in the corner they call "the dr bed" He told me one boy got completely naked, the other boy took his shoes, socks, pants, underwear off. That's when the teacher found them! He told me he was patient number 3 so he didn't get to play yet. He said the teacher helped the other boys get dressed! He only knows one of the boys names the other one he never played with before.

Now, this was last Thursday I went to the school first thing Friday morning asking the director why I was not told about this incident since a teacher found them. She had no idea about it, the teacher never told her. I told her I thought it was inappropriate and I believe an incident report should have been written and there is no reason i should be hearing this from my 4 year old!! I know the one mother of the other boy and I told her.The teacher that found them took Friday off so she was not there. She said she would call me first thing Monday morning, by 11:00 I did not receive a call. I called at 11:45 and she said the teacher came in today not feeling well so she sent her home and she would call me tomorrow. I'm pissed she didn't even call to tell me that she didn't get a chance to talk to her or just give me a call to let me know she would ask tomorrow...I feel that this is being handled completely wrong!!! I told her my son would not be attending school until I get some explanation!

This is what I want. I want her story of what happened, an explatation of why she did not report this, I want all parents informed of her story what she saw and did, and all children talked to!!!

I'm so upset with all of this? Am I handling this wrong, should i demand more? Please give your advice and opinions on what you would do in this situation....

No bashing please Thank you

ETA: I'm also very concerned that he doesn't know the one boys name because my son always stays and plays with his best buddies so it's very strange that he was off with a boy he doesn't know

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be pissed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gr8d8n3mom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I'd want to talk to the teacher that found them. I'd want to be there when the director talked to her. (could it be possible older kids some how get in with the younger ones?) I'd have lots of questions for them.

Pissed for sure! Why is there that much "lack of supervision" that those kids went unnoticed long enough to get undress that far? I'd go in there tomorrow, with out my child and have a face to face talk. If the director still gives you the run around, I would tell her she has xx amout of time to have a meeting with you,her and this teacher other wise your reporting the school! 

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I would talk to the teacher. It is possible things didn't happen as your little one described! 4 year olds have a big imigination. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I would call the police
thatgirl70
by Carin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Yeah I'd be ticked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I would send the director an email (so you have documentation). Explain that your very upset by the incident and by the school's lack of follow up. Give her a deadline and tell her that if you don't hear back from her and the teacher by then, you will report the school to whoever they're licensed by. I applaude your patience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I'd be turning this over to the state. The place that licenses a child care center or pre school.   They need to be down there investigating this.  No way would my child be back there again.  I'd find a new place to send your child.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I would be livid. I work in a preschool and I cannot imagine the kids being unsupervised for long enough for that too occur. If this HAS happened just as your son described then I would be pulling him out immediately and going to a different school. If the school is SO big that the kids can *hide* this way then they need more teachers. If there are SO many students that they can *lose* them for long enough for this to go on then they need more teachers. JMHO

Oceana09
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

This...my 4 year old went to school saying grandpa got naked in front of her. The story was Grandpa wasn't wearing a shirt and ran into her in the hallway in the middle of the night. thankfully the pre-school administrator knows our family and has for years, so she didn't take it to heart.

Quoting crazy4u49033:

I would talk to the teacher. It is possible things didn't happen as your little one described! 4 year olds have a big imigination. Hopefully you can get some answers soon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN