Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
The house we're closing on has a fridge, stove, washer and dryer. Would you use these or buy new? They're not brand new but in good condition.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be using these. I was mainly iffy about using someone else's washer. Seems gross to me honestly. But I'll find out how to clean it. Also, the whole house needs work so right now I'm not too worried about the appliances matching or going with the theme.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

There's no use replacing something used for something else that is also used.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I'm just so iffy about using someone else's washer.... The main reason I don't go to a laundromat lol!

Quoting Justine1123:

Use? You can clean them. It's not like you are going to be using their shit stained underwear lol.
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Use! Our stove is as old as the house...1980s. DH keeps fixing things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

buy new

coleysmama
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I would use them if they fit into the look I was going for or had all the features I wanted. If not and I could afford it, I would buy new and either sell or donate the old ones.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Used, but I hope by the time we can buy another house that we'll have new appliances.
wulfeyes05
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Reuse
scperdomo
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Reuse! We moved the fridge that was left to the garage for beverages and extra space and bought a new one.

We do plan on replacing the dishwasher too, we've been here over a year and that dishwasher has served its purpose but it definitely needs to be replaced! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

It depends on the home. If they look good and work good then yes I will reuse. I would replace if I did not care for the look or they did not meet my needs. We had to do this when we moved to this home.  

Justine1123
by Justine on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Do you have a washer and dryer now that you can bring? And sell the ones in the house?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I'm just so iffy about using someone else's washer.... The main reason I don't go to a laundromat lol!

Quoting Justine1123:

Use? You can clean them. It's not like you are going to be using their shit stained underwear lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)