Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
The house we're closing on has a fridge, stove, washer and dryer. Would you use these or buy new? They're not brand new but in good condition.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be using these. I was mainly iffy about using someone else's washer. Seems gross to me honestly. But I'll find out how to clean it. Also, the whole house needs work so right now I'm not too worried about the appliances matching or going with the theme.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (21-26):
coleysmama
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Years ago my neighbor was moving and offered to sell me her washer which she had bought brand new and only used for 4 months. She paid over $500 and would sell it to me for $200. I bought it but for some reason, even though they were extremely clean people, I was so grossed out for the first week of using it...lol  I kept thinking her panties and his underwear were in here!. Even stranger is that I was going to the laundromat before that with no issues.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I'm just so iffy about using someone else's washer.... The main reason I don't go to a laundromat lol!

Quoting Justine1123:

Use? You can clean them. It's not like you are going to be using their shit stained underwear lol.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I'd use them until they died. As long as they work, I wouldn't spend money to buy new.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Nope. :(

Quoting Justine1123:

Do you have a washer and dryer now that you can bring? And sell the ones in the house?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I'm just so iffy about using someone else's washer.... The main reason I don't go to a laundromat lol!

Quoting Justine1123:

Use? You can clean them. It's not like you are going to be using their shit stained underwear lol.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Bump for edit!
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Heck yeah I'd use what came with the house. As long as it is still in good working order.  Not all yucked up dirty and gross. 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM
The fridge is nasty and stinks. The stove needs a damn good scrub.

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

Heck yeah I'd use what came with the house. As long as it is still in good working order.  Not all yucked up dirty and gross. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN