Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why is her poo so stinky????

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I know poo is not to smell like roses but dam my 5 year old has been blowing it up lately. Before she was constipated all the time and now it's the opposite. Last Thurs she ate some candy and OMG since that day she has been going 2-3 times at day. Sometimes when she wakes up and it stinks. I don't think it's diarrhea but it's super soft. Today she went in the morning and 2 more times from 7-8. I notice when she eats sweet stuff this happens.Has this happen to any of your kids????
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM

What kind of candy was it?  Some can act has laxatives with the ingredients they use.   My dd usually falls asleep after eating her chocolate.

PensFan99
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM
What is the smell exactly? I have wondered this time to time about DS.His will almost have a pasta/tomato sauce smell, not a good kind of smell either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I am not sure how much or which ones she ate. This was candy given at her school for Halloween but since it was postponed. The candy was put away for one week so I'm thinking maybe the candy was bad.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What kind of candy was it?  Some can act has laxatives with the ingredients they use.   My dd usually falls asleep after eating her chocolate.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Like something rwotten lol.

Quoting PensFan99:

What is the smell exactly? I have wondered this time to time about DS.His will almost have a pasta/tomato sauce smell, not a good kind of smell either.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM

It would not go bad that fast.  I am thinking some of it may have been sugar free but the effects wouldnt last this long, only for a few days.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

I am not sure how much or which ones she ate. This was candy given at her school for Halloween but since it was postponed. The candy was put away for one week so I'm thinking maybe the candy was bad.

Quoting frndlyfn:

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM
All I know is that when she eats candy this happens. I am going to call her pedi tomorrow.

Quoting frndlyfn:

It would not go bad that fast.  I am thinking some of it may have been sugar free but the effects wouldnt last this long, only for a few days.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Quoting frndlyfn:

WendyJR
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Maybe she has sensitivities with any dye in the candy (skittles/m&m's , hard candies etc that have color to them).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)