Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

haven't been here in a long time..

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

Well I had my daughter a month early, my water broke out of nowhere. I had a hard labor because my body was not ready to go into labor, I wouldn't dilate and my cervix was very high and closed. After I had her I was the happiest mommy alive, I was very glad she was so healthy for being a month early and she had no complications I was able to take her home after 2 days in the hospital, she weight 5lbs 10oz when we left the hospital. 

Once I got home I felt sad. I missed being pregnant, I was expecting another month of pregnancy. I didn't have everything ready, and we weren't moving into our new place for another month (we move this weekend). I also have a 4 year old and a 1 year old as well so I was feeling a little overwhelmed as well when I got home to 2 cranky boys to also care for. 

My husband works 40 hours a week, I never see him, he's never here I'm home alone everyday all day with 3 kids. I thought I just had the "baby blues" but now my daughter is 3 weeks old and I still cry everyday all day. I haven't been eating, I'll eat maybe a granola bar and that's it, I just can't eat. I haven't been taking care of myself like I should but my daughter and other 2 kids are well taken care of, I put them first and I love them to death. I've been having no issues bonding with my newborn daughter, I'm so happy to have my first girl. 

The problem I'm having is I feel like I'm losing my husband. We just got married in August he took good care of me while pregnant and now I feel like he's never there for me. When he comes home from work he just wants to sleep, there's no more cuddles, movies in bed, kisses, hugs, he just crawls into bed and sleeps and I stay up all night with the baby so he can rest and go back to work in the morning. 

I don't talk to anyone all day, I don't see anyone, I don't leave the house. I just feel like I'm losing myself and my best friend, my husband. I feel so alone even though I have 3 kids to keep me busy all day long...

Has anyone else ever felt this way? How did you get over it? I don't want to be this sad anymore...I tried talking to my husband asking him if he would try to take over some nights so I could at least get some rest, maybe take sometime to myself, shower, something. He blew up at me because he's the only one working right now and he had to pick up extra shifts until I can start working again...so I feel guilty ever bringing help up, because I know he works so much and he's tired...

I just feel so terrible all the time...

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (xQyZ)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ashleighmama
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Sweetie, you need to talk to your dr. It could be PPD, Ive had it, it sucks, but theres help for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

This is my little girl by the way :) 4 weeks early but healthy as can be! 

trishasjunebug
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

That's what I was thinking but I've never had it with my other 2 children. I had baby blues but that lasted a day and I was just weepy over stupid things. This is just a whole new sadness for me, I just feel sad all the time and cry all the time and now it's to the point where I can't even eat because I'll feel sick 24/7 or I'm caught up in raising 3 children alone and I actually forget to eat...I was thinking about making an appointment...I think I will...

Quoting ashleighmama:

Sweetie, you need to talk to your dr. It could be PPD, Ive had it, it sucks, but theres help for it.

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (xQyZ)

ashleighmama
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I didnt have it with my 1st son at all, hes 13, but after my 8 yr old son was born, holy shit, I was hospitalized 9 times during the first 2 yrs of his life. I had 15 ECT treaments. Its awful. You dont always get it with every birth. I was extremely happy about both my my babies, they were infertility babies, my 8 yr old was born 8 weeks early. Ive had depression for 24 yrs., but this was horrendous. Cute baby girl, btw. Its definately worth talking to your dr about. Good luck mama, hugs. PS, Im always here for you, you can PM me anytime too.

Quoting trishasjunebug:

That's what I was thinking but I've never had it with my other 2 children. I had baby blues but that lasted a day and I was just weepy over stupid things. This is just a whole new sadness for me, I just feel sad all the time and cry all the time and now it's to the point where I can't even eat because I'll feel sick 24/7 or I'm caught up in raising 3 children alone and I actually forget to eat...I was thinking about making an appointment...I think I will...

Quoting ashleighmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN