Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you have anxiety attacks...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

do you get mild numbness or a strange feeling in arms and legs? (whether during the attack or after from being so tense?)i get it almost every time but usally its just the right side, and most of the time its just my arm but sometimes its both at the same time which of course makes my anxiety worse 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I get it in my hands, and on my face...definitely makes the panic attack worse.

.ChiMama.
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I've had one attack and I started feeling super tense and constricted in my upper body. My arms felt heavy and tingly. It was awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookaboosMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I get a burning sensation in my arms and legs and I feel like I can't breathe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_tw0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

yep, mostly in my hands though, but it's not like a complete numbness. It's more like the feeling you get after the numbness like if your foot falls asleep.And the back of my neck seems to get kinda hot and tense feeling. It always makes my anxiety worse, Bc I feel like something is terribly wrong. anxiety sucks :(

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Yes. Numbness or faint pins and needles.

waffa
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Nope, not me although my co-worker does.

I get the omfgamihavingaheartattack?-feeling of my chest on fire, pain across my jaw, can't breathe...

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM
It is almost completely in my chest when I get them. Very tight feelingnand I have a hard time breathing. Occasionally it works itself up into my neck and face. My mouth will get a "buzzy" feeling. But for the most part mine are concentrated into just my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

hands & face.  Maybe feet too but my shoes are so laced on pretty tightly.

ashleighmama
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Yes, I was told it was from lack of oxygen due to hyperventilating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Usually when I have an anxiety attack I'm too busy panicking to really notice what's happening to my body... It's like I go into animal instinct mode or something? I get panicky and get the SUPER INTENSE urge to run the hell away or at least get outside. Doesn't matter how big the room I'm in is, it gets too small suddenly and I can't breathe, start hyperventilating, etc. I don't remember much afterwards, just the distinct impression of feeling like a cornered animal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)